Daily Check-In, June 20, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check-In, June 20, 2021

Post by MackerelCat »

Bev, Goodwill and the Salvation Army here both accept clean sewing fabric. You could fold it and pin a card to it stating the width and length. I used to buy a lot of small project fabric at the Salvation Army store before Covid did it in.

I have cleaned out and organized the fridge as part of Sunday chores. DH let some salad go bad. I have most of my lunches made for the week out of leftovers from meals out we had. When we came home, I just plated them up and put them in the freezer -- easy peasy.

We are having spaghetti for supper and I might make bread if ambition strikes.
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Read parts of the Amazon story - wow

So Bezos thinks we are basically lazy?

Guess he does not realize that we are all not the same. The type of person that is hyped up 24/7 like he is.

So glad i quit using Amazon years ago.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

jckitty wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:43 am FloridaCat,

I need to read that article....I order very little from Amazon. I used it more during the pandemic but even then very little. I am not a shopper.

Years ago I read a book I think called "Nickeled and Dimed" ...it opened my eyes to a lot of work place practices. Part of the reason I try not to shop at big stores.

I will read Nomad land.

Mackie,
you are going to love retirement!

JCKitty
On the plus side, Amazon hired a lot of out-of-work restaurant, theater, music and other people when they needed it most when the economy suddenly shut down because of Covid.

I just put in a library request for Nickeled and Dimed. It is now 20 years old but I’m sure still very relevant. I heard of it a few years ago but never read it.

Nomadland the book is different and IMO better than the film. I think you’ll enjoy it.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

clemencia2us wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:24 pm Read parts of the Amazon story - wow

So Bezos thinks we are basically lazy?

Guess he does not realize that we are all not the same. The type of person that is hyped up 24/7 like he is.

So glad i quit using Amazon years ago.
I always enjoy the NYT comments. Some people said Bezos can stay in space!

I DO like Bezos ex-wife. Love that she is giving money to smaller, less-well-known organizations where a smallish amount of money makes a big difference.
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Bonne apres midi toute le monde!

I posted the Macaroni Dill Pickle and Cheese Salad recipe yesterday. I hope anyone who tries it really likes it. I had a small portion today with my two hot dogs for lunch.

I did laundry and have some in the dryer. Sure wish I had a line to dry it on. Even my Mother never had one. I guess my laying as much as I can over the couch is the best I can do. I also need some of the stuff in the dryer to wear today.

I ran the dishwasher last night so will unload it today. I need some of the bowls out of there so I can make a pan of brownies. I've been wanting them all week and am going to make them today in tribute to my wonderful Dad for Father's Day.

I have to go out to Shoppers Drug Mart to pick-up my monthly medications and check to see if they have coffee on sale. I also want to get some pop to restock the pop from over at John and Zoe's that I drink while hanging out with Emmitt.

The school year is coming to an end and with that so will my time of hanging out with Dayton and Emmitt before Dayton goes to 2nd grade in the morning and then me taking Emmitt to kindergarten in the afternoon. I am going to miss it HEAPS! I am hanging out with Emmitt for the first two days of this week and maybe more. It depends on what John's work schedule turns out to be for the week.

Not much else happening around my digs today. Just the usual, cleaning the kitchen countertops, doing a good cleaning of the stove top and a few other things.

That's the skinny from around here!!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

floridacatlover wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:00 pm I always enjoy the NYT comments. Some people said Bezos can stay in space!

I DO like Bezos ex-wife. Love that she is giving money to smaller, less-well-known organizations where a smallish amount of money makes a big difference.
When is he taking off?? :mrgreen: