Daily Check-In, June 20, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Daily Check-In, June 20, 2021

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning friends.

I’m thinking of my dad today.

Very relaxed weekend for me, mostly thinking and puzzling. I may start going through my Christmas bins to start a declutter box that I’ll donate in the fall.

Just thought I’d say Hi and wish you all a good day.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check-In, June 20, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Happy Father's Day to the Father's that lurk, to those that read the forum, to our other halves if we have them, to all our Father's that are still with us and to those Father's that are no longer here and we miss.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good morning all,
Floridacat, I also am thinking of my Daddy....I love him and miss him.

I slept hard, only woke up one time...so a win there LOL.
I ended up going out and trimming some bushes last evening when the sun went down, what can I say....I was on a roll. :?

Today we are going to a family friends gender reveal party. I think it is a boy. ;) ;)
I will be having to dress in "decent clothes" LOL, not shorts and a ratty work tank top. It's been a while....
Other than that not a lot going on. That's not a bad thing.
I will have a chuck roast going in the crockpot while we are gone, hot beef sammies for supper and thru the week.

Have a Happy Fathers day all.

JCKitty
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Good Morning Everyone. It's a lovely day here, sunshine, blue sky. I feel much better than I did yesterday - at least I feel awake, lol.

I have a couple of minor household chores to do today and bill paying - other than that, a whole lot of relaxing. I may grab a book off the shelf and sit outside and read.

I thought Father's Day was LAST Sunday - and gave my dad his gift - did the same thing last year, he must think I"m bananas.

Have a great day!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

Woke up in a good mood and feeling good too. How strange - :shock:

I'm having my coffee. Part of the pack has been out. Some refuse to step outside until at least 9am or later.

I've been reading news online. Thinking of what to do today. Going to the cemetery for sure. Go see my dad, granpa, uncles etc.

It is the summer solstice. Today is the longest day of the year. Fall is just around the corner - :mrgreen:

Have a good one!!
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I was up at 4 and thought to myself no way. I laid on the couch and napped off and on until 7. I don't feel completely rested, but at least I will not be dead to the world by mid afternoon as well as overtired and unable to sleep tonight.

We got rain late last night, not a great deal but enough to wet the ground and make a few puddles on the road. I will go for a short walk this morning and check the rain gauge to see how much we got upon my return.

Other than the usual Sunday to do list (which believe me consists of usually 3 items plus a reminder to work on projects, and blog if I have anything to say) is not very long. I need to bake some bread, and perhaps clean the stove top (I will save the oven for tomorrow after our Sunday Roast). Lots of time to work on projects and since my trigger finger is bothering me this morning, perhaps sewing that top is a good idea and even getting a few blocks on that new quilt top this evening sounds doable. It will give my hand a bit of a rest and even better a greater tidy up of the project area beside my chair.

As you can see it will be the regular, run of the mill Sundays on the old homestead.

Hubby has a few small chores to complete today. One of which is to put up the solar light I found to take the place of my broken lantern. The other is to give the weeds behind the fence another quick spray. He did move his bird feeder and hopefully it is a position that he can see the birds, but I am not forever trying to keep the seeds off the deck surface.

Supper tonight is going to be a roast or BBQ chicken. Probably pull up one of the kohlrabi and have that with some carrots as our main vegetable and finish off the leftover salad.

Today I am grateful that we missed the storm that others received and just got the gentle rain.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/