Daily Check In June 21, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In June 21, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Just want to say thinking of you and your DH today ChristmasTrees. I hope all goes well.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In June 21, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Chilly this morning, I will definitely be putting pants on to go for my walk. I have decided that Sundays will be my day off of walking. Well I will do just short walks and not worry if I do not reach the arbitrary goal that my watch gives me for the day, or my goal of 10-11K steps. It will give my body time to rest before starting over once again.

My neighbour will only be my neighbour for another 3 days. The new owners take over on the 24th. I watched her daughter grow up and now have been watching her granddaughters grow up as well. It is going to be very strange not to yell over the fence to say good morning. We are of the same age so understood each other very well.

My household chore list is a long one today, and after the call from Hubby's brother last night letting us know we don't have to drive the brother up to their place that lost his job, there are a few clothing items I need to pick up. He mentioned that it has been pretty darn cool there the last while so I will grab some shirts for Hubby, and a pair of black pullon pants for myself to replace the ones that need tossing. I also want to pick up a pair of slip on runners if I can find any. Watch, just because I have some cash saved up for this purpose I won't be able to find what I want.

Frugally speaking I will be doing the laundry in the usual frugal manner and hanging out all I can to dry on the outside lines.

I will also be using my trial steam mop pads again this week to see how well they really work. I may have to do a bit more tweaking on the idea, but for now these are pretty darn good. I do have to cut down on the cleaning solution though and add more water to the container.

This afternoon I hope to start sewing quilt blocks together and cutting some fabric from scrap fabric as well. Not sure if I will get the quilt top done before we leave, but I will make a darn good start on it, and in the process get some items used up and a cleaner floor by my chair. It really is a wonder that Hubby has not said anything about my small piles.

Supper tonight is going to be hot dogs. I just may make a potato salad and add to what is left of the tossed salad to go along with them. Heck I really would like Hubby to start up the firepit and roast those hotdogs to perfection.

Today I am grateful to have enough and a bit more.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Good morning, Jackie. I am back at work, still sitting by the front door of the main office. I spent an hour and a half working on a spreadsheet of completed maintenance requests on my building. In a bit I will start working on a handout on how to do laundry for the freshmen this fall, having thought ahead that this is going to be a problem, especially with the boys.

Hope everyone has a peaceful day.
Mackie
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

On the warmer side today, mid 80s and humid, but not complaining.

I have my Monday Morning Chat call at 10:30 and then will be going to my last "official" coloring group meeting at 1:00. Hopefully we will be able to extend these throughout the summer like we did a few years ago.

My MMC Group is planning a lunch out next Monday. We started this chat about a year ago May so it will be a sort of 1 year anniversary. It should be fun. Right now they are calling for scattered thunderstorms and I'm hoping that changes because we plan to be eating outdoors.

Well going to run for now.

Stay well.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning

Had to get up to tend to senior pup. So we all just got up. Why not.

It is an overcast day, but that doesn't mean it will be cool. Might get up to 98 and we are under a heat advisory. As my nephew used to say - why are we here? LOL. He now lives in Connecticut. :P

I have to think about what I will get done today. Maybe a load of laundry?

Have to hand out tomatoes too. Have too many.

Then the usual - sweeping and mopping.

Have a great day
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning friends.

Jackie, I understand about neighbors. At my townhouse, neighbors come and go. But at mom’s house the neighbors have been there a very long time. I’ve known the man across the street most of my life.

I’m thinking about ChristmasTrees and her DH this morning.

I’ve been thinking of the CD that I planned to roll over today and I just don’t feel comfortable tieing up the money for so long at such a low rate. Really thinking of putting it into a conservative mutual fund (which I already own) but I’m unclear of the tax consequences. So I think I’ll roll the CD for just three months.

Like my mom, I’ve always relied on my own instincts for savings/investments, but I think I’m going to ask my friend’s DH for advice. Also, I’ve decided it is getting to be too hard to keep “mom’s money” separate. I guess I have not wanted her to look down and think I’m doing something stupid.

I plan to go to mom’s house and do something, probably trimming the front hedge and whatever in the backyard. It is overcast and there is rain in the forecast this week, thankfully.

I’m two-thirds finished with my puzzle. It is hard and my light is terrible but I’m enjoying it and now think I’ll be able to finish it but it might take another week or more.

I need to step up my housecleaning. I’ve been lazy. It seems the dust comes out of nowhere.

I got my a/c bill and it was low, $69, even with the temp at 77 F. (instead of 78 F.) I think my new A/C is more energy efficient.

Have a good day.