Daily Check In June 21, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily Check In June 21, 2021

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning everyone. We had storms again during the night. It is chilly but a wonderful (68 F) (20 C) with a nice breeze blowing through my bedroom window. There were a few anxious moments for Teddi during the night due to the thunder, lightning, and high winds, however I feel he handled it better than usual and after a while he settled down. More storms rolling in later this afternoon. Last night when I went to bed there were still 3,000 + people without power from the storms on Saturday. Today there are still 77 outages involving 344 homes. A lot of them due to trees down on powerlines. This make me more and more determined to save up for a solar generator. When you live in a rural area like I do we are always the last to have our power restored. The power company has told us they will have to work to get the majority of the power back on in more densely populated areas so we are the last to have ours restored. I understand the need to do so. So I need to be more proactive for myself.

I need to make a run to the recycling dumpster this morning before the storms arrive. My trunk is full. Later I will be puttering around in the kitchen cooking.

Christmas Trees keeping your DH in my thoughts and prayers for a good outcome with his surgery.

Have a good and frugal day everyone.
Janet Alliesmama
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I have been busy this morning, I washed my hair,k changed the bed, the sheets are in the dryer. I have a few things to fold from the white wash.

I thought i had another pasta sauce in the freezer. But I didn't so I took a package of the fake crab meat and made a pasta salad with the pasta left from yesterday.

I looked up on line on how to apply a magnetic clasp to a bag. I have that done on the bag for my phone that I am making. I messed up the one I was going to make so with what I learned I am making a different style bag. It will work it may not be perfect.

Penny
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,

Thinking of Trees and hubby, that all will be well.

Have been up and doing the usual Monday stuff, Monday's are always busy and crowded for me and I don't know why. :?
I have dough for 2 pullman loaves raising now and my instacart order put away. Aldi's had pineapples for 1.65 so I ordered 2... one is cleaned and I also cleaned strawberries and grapes. I put some in plastic ware for taking to the ball game this evening.
We had some rain come thru very early this AM, so no watering today. Plus it is cool and breezy. I will change out of my shorts for the ball game.

I still need to clean floors but am waiting until the bread is formed and baked because I am messy :oops:
That is the biggest thing I miss from my TeaRoom, I could cook and create all day long and my girlfriend would clean up the messes before i could even say "boo".... it was awesome! she had no interest in cooking and creating but she loved to clean up after me LOL. I used to "tip" her by making extra for her to take home for supper. :lol: She still tells me it was the best job she ever had!!!

Off to do some more, hopefully tomorrow I can do some more creek bank clearing. Too wet and too much inside stuff to do today.

JCKitty
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Still no sun - very blah out there

Drains my motivation to do anything!!!
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Good Morning,

It is cool here today, thus far. The cold front that came through here on Saturday afternoon has given us cooler temperatures. Currently 70 degreesF, & high to be 88F. I would DEARLY LOVE the rain that some of ya'll are getting. I do not remember when we last got rain, maybe mid-March?

We are in the midst of a 100 year drought, though in early June we were predicted to be in a 30 year drought. Last week's very high temps (99-102F) with strong winds changed all that. Most of Utah are already on water restrictions for outside use, though we haven't gotten them yet in our corner, but we are suggested to water at night and try to cut down on our indoor water usage.

Last Saturday, Dh rented a tractor & spread to rest of the dirt fully around the backyard and across the garden area. I think we will plant the whole backyard in grass, excepting where the woodpile is, and I will either do container gardens in the future or we'll till up a section of the lawn. I'm not sure when we'll plant though.

Also on last Saturday was my monthly Fiber group meeting--we met at one of our member's house who lives about an hour's drive away from the rest of us. There was 7 of us total, and we had lots of fun laughing & talking.

I had mentioned doing the ozone treatment awhile ago. Well, I think it made me feel more tired, and it attacked my scars and caused heavy painful bruising around them. :( Perhaps I should go more than once, but OMG the treatments are $150 each time, AND my insurance Does Not cover them as they're alternative medicine.

I can't believe that June is almost over!! Where did the days fly off to???!!!

Well, I've got to jog off to put more girls' clothes to wash, then go to town to print a crochet pattern for my elderly friend. She wants me to show her how to crochet a hair scrunchie.

I need to call to make an appt at my chiropractor. I've put off going to them for way too long, but my back & neck Really Hurt today... more than usual. I also need to update my headache log--needed for when I go see the neurologist in August.

Someone mentioned awhile ago that I might be doing too much, and that my body probably just needs more rest. Yes you are probably right, but the sunshine makes me feel more energetic, at least mentally, and I try to do more than I ought. I don't have a traditional veg garden this year, just 4 tomato & 1 squash plants.
Last edited by gaylejackson2 on Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

clemencia2us wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:03 pm Still no sun - very blah out there

Drains my motivation to do anything!!!
I understand about how sun makes you want to do more, and gray cloudy days make you want to crawl back in bed. Or so it is with me. :)