Daily Check In June 21, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ChristmasTrees

Re: Daily Check In June 21, 2021

Post by ChristmasTrees »

I can't thank everyone enough for all your prayers and good wishes. It means So much to me.
DH's surgery went well. They did wide margins around the site. They did the sentinel node removal..and did wide margins around the second site.
We will get the pathology report in a week to a week in a half.
I am SO relieved that this part is over.
They weren't sure this morning that they were going to keep him over night or release him, so I extended our hotel one more night ( tonight ). They decided to let him go home so..we are home. I just tucked him into bed..he was still a little loopy from the anesthesia. Cute...but he is six foot three and I am five foot four..so if he tips over...we are both going down..:)
Thank you all again.
Tons of love...Trees
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good afternoon beautiful people,

It got very chilly last night- down to 7 degrees C. or 44.6 F. We almost felt like turning the heat back on, but didn’t. The window blinds were opened wide to allow for the solar rays to warm things up. On top of that, it was very windy making it feel even colder. It sure didn’t feel like the first day of summer! I still went for an energizing walk wearing a jacket, sweatshirt and pants. We have had some intermittent showers during the day as well.

I was very happy my phone consultation with the radiation oncologist was moved up to today. Initially I just spoke to her nurse but she did call me back as I had reported the side effects I was experiencing from my medication. I very relieved she suggested a two week break from the medication to see if that improves things. It’s actually under the medical oncologist’s jurisdiction and she said it was in my file that his nurse had sent him the report. But the problem is I haven’t heard back from him and my appointment isn’t until July. I have to be very honest with myself and ensure my break from the medication isn’t just a placebo effect. The blood work indicated some liver function abnormalities and my sodium levels are low once again. This can also be a side effect of the medication. So I think it’s an excellent idea to take a break. At this point I am satisfied with the outcome.

Christmas Trees wishing the best for your dh. I hope everyone enjoyed Father’s Day yesterday with their loved ones.

Have a wonderful evening everyone!
Creative
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

ChristmasTrees wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:58 pm I can't thank everyone enough for all your prayers and good wishes. It means So much to me.
DH's surgery went well. They did wide margins around the site. They did the sentinel node removal..and did wide margins around the second site.
They weren't sure this morning that they were going to keep him over night or release him, so I extended our hotel one more night ( tonight ). They decided to let him go home so..we are home. I just tucked him into bed..he was still a little loopy from the anesthesia. Cute...but he is six foot three and I am five foot four..so if he tips over...we are both going down..:)
Thank you all again.
Tons of love...Trees
Trees thank you for the update on your DH. Glad he is home and resting. You get some rest too.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Mrscreative wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:43 pm Good afternoon beautiful people,

It got very chilly last night- down to 7 degrees C. or 44.6 F. We almost felt like turning the heat back on, but didn’t. The window blinds were opened wide to allow for the solar rays to warm things up. On top of that, it was very windy making it feel even colder. It sure didn’t feel like the first day of summer! I still went for an energizing walk wearing a jacket, sweatshirt and pants. We have had some intermittent showers during the day as well.

I was very happy my phone consultation with the radiation oncologist was moved up to today. Initially I just spoke to her nurse but she did call me back as I had reported the side effects I was experiencing from my medication. I very relieved she suggested a two week break from the medication to see if that improves things. It’s actually under the medical oncologist’s jurisdiction and she said it was in my file that his nurse had sent him the report. But the problem is I haven’t heard back from him and my appointment isn’t until July. I have to be very honest with myself and ensure my break from the medication isn’t just a placebo effect. The blood work indicated some liver function abnormalities and my sodium levels are low once again. This can also be a side effect of the medication. So I think it’s an excellent idea to take a break. At this point I am satisfied with the outcome.

Christmas Trees wishing the best for your dh. I hope everyone enjoyed Father’s Day yesterday with their loved ones.

Have a wonderful evening everyone!
Creative
Creative good to hear that you have had interaction and have a plan to work on. When you go through drug washout you might have an increase in some of your problems usually the first 3 to 4 days. I would keep a journal so you can tell the Dr how you reacted. I had to go through drug washout several times. I remember calling off work one day and the message I left was, " I am going through drug withdrawal and cannot work today." After I hung up I realized what I said and immediately called back to leave another message.. My boss picked up and I explained to him that it was drug withdrawal from anti-inflammatory drug. He was laughing and said he knew better when he heard the message. I hope they can find something that helps..

Take care. Your friend, Janet
Janet Alliesmama
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

ChristmasTrees wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:58 pm I can't thank everyone enough for all your prayers and good wishes. It means So much to me.
Thank you all again.
Tons of love...Trees
Trees, I’m so glad you are home and that everything went well. I agree with Janet that you need to take it easy because this has been stressful for you, too.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

I had a productive day. I rolled over my CD and then went to my safe deposit box to get five U.S. savings bonds that have matured. They are low denominations. Time flies, 30 years! Then to mom’s house where I picked up the front yard, trimmed the hedges and a tall part of the schefflera (standing only on the step stool) and raked the leaves under the hedges. There was 2 1/2” in the rain gauge from last Thursday - so with evaporation it was likely close to 3”.

Right after the CDC said vaccinated people didn’t have to wear masks, I ordered three of my favorite shaped masks with wires to have “just in case.” This was May 14 and I’ve heard nothing from the company but they charged my cc as soon as I placed the order. I emailed this morning that I wanted to cancel the order and get my money back. I received a form reply that didn’t sound promising. They were blaming the USPS and said all orders were final. But ... I later got an email saying they had processed my refund. I hope it is true. I emailed back my thanks. I’m going to do some research on the company and see if they are struggling.

I haven’t done any housework. Oh well. I did go through two more small boxes of Christmas items and found a few more donations.