Daily Check in June 22, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ChristmasTrees

Re: Daily Check in June 22, 2021

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Hello All~
DH had an easy night. He is up and about...not allowed to do much.
Mackie...what the heck? I am sure all the stuff you deal with is NOT in your job description.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

2 loads of laundry done

I swear I thought I had just done it. This summer weather is a beast. So much humidity that the sweating was out of control

two showers a day - changing clothes - not like winter. :mrgreen:
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,

If and when that varient reaches us I am afraid our numbers will be very high. Lots of covid deniers here .
I still wear my mask and I still use wipes on everything.

Today i got up and got busy...then went to the local fruit/veg market. Got a large box of mangoes from the mark down rack, 2 large containers of Georgia peaches from the mark down rack along with a large bag of marked down green beans. I went for bargains and cottage cheese and I got them!
I have the beans cleaned and cooking with a little onion and a few bacon bits. Smells so good.
Sharing the mangos and peaches with family. I also got a cantaloupe and a watermelon...on a fruit bender here lately :lol:
Hoping to go tomorrow to pick black raspberries at DD's house...I want a pie! They are thick at her house and coming on strong, this rain has helped so much.
We will also make some liqueur ... ready by the Holidays.

So supper will be fruit, green beans and deviled eggs.

Trees, glad hubby is doing okay, will continue to pray and send good wishes.

JCKitty
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Christmas Trees, I would be ashamed to open the doors to the students at the level of cleanliness that's the norm. They are charged a small fortune, around a thousand dollars a month, to live in the dorms and for that it ought to be clean and have everything working correctly. It is an uphill battle, though.

I spent about four hours cleaning the dorm's common kitchen. It had not been cleaned since at least March 2020. Everything came out of the cabinets, was rewashed, the shelves were washed, and everything was organized and put back. I threw away a lot of junk and gathered up five bags of shelf-stable food and snacks we used to keep for the Covid kids. It will expire in early August, before we have students again, so I will take it to the food bank Saturday.
Mackie
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good afternoon beautiful people,

Still very cool here today and the weather has been very changeable. One minute it’s sunny and the next minute it’s raining. The grass and garden is loving all the moisture. And I don’t mind not having to water it.

I still managed to get in a nice long walk at the Waterfront with a former teaching colleague. It felt so good to spend some time with someone in person. We both wore masks as we weren’t always distanced. The scenery in that area is beautiful! We saw some very interesting cloud formations. We left just in the nick of time as the heavens seemed to open and there was even some hail. The storm was very sudden and short. It seemed to come out of nowhere but I noticed one side of the sky looked very menacing. The hail was enough to send Dh home early from golf and he ate his packed lunch at home.

Here it is now after dinner. I guess I got distracted but will send this off anyway.

Have a good evening all!
Creative
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

MackerelCat wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:04 pm Christmas Trees, I would be ashamed to open the doors to the students at the level of cleanliness that's the norm. They are charged a small fortune, around a thousand dollars a month, to live in the dorms and for that it ought to be clean and have everything working correctly. It is an uphill battle, though.

I spent about four hours cleaning the dorm's common kitchen. It had not been cleaned since at least March 2020. Everything came out of the cabinets, was rewashed, the shelves were washed, and everything was organized and put back. I threw away a lot of junk and gathered up five bags of shelf-stable food and snacks we used to keep for the Covid kids. It will expire in early August, before we have students again, so I will take it to the food bank Saturday.
You’re truly a gem for all the hard work, kindness and consideration you show to others.

Creative