Daily Check in June 23, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check in June 23, 2021

Post by clemencia2us »

Good afternoon all

I thought I had posted, but guess not

Slept okay. Didn't get up until almost 9. It is another bright sunny day - but way too warm. I hate summer. There I said it!!!

And just think three more months of this.

Then I read an article in the washington post that ticked me off. So many inaccuracies. Had to do with guard and reserve military folks - how they are all practically starving - food insecurity. :shock:

So that got me all riled up - lol. So what to do the rest of this afternoon? Get rid of tomatoes!

Have a great one.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,

I was up at a decent time, got myself together and went to DD's to pick wild black raspberries. They are just so thick it is amazing.
I picked about a gallon and a quart in just about an hour and 25 minutes. Being on a hillside made it a little harder.
I have a 10" pie and a pint pudding dish with top crust in the cooker now....one of my all time favorite pies. Probably because they are so hard to come by LOL.

I came home, cleaned up and commenced to cleaning berries and making pie crust. Lord I know how to make a mess!!! :lol:
I may go pick more tomorrow, I would love to put more into the freezer for later use.

They always have a lot of berries but it seems to be a bumper crop this year.
I noticed the chestnut trees at dads are just loaded with blossoms, bumper crop of chestnuts also.

So this afternoon I will run the robo-vac and get some house chores done. I have the windows open to the cool fresh air...it is not supposed to get hot for a few more days.

Off to get started again.

JCKitty
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

ICFrugal, the Hills Science Diet kidney food my long-ago little Eskimo spitz was prescribed was disgusting. I could tell by her expression that she would rather die than eat it. That's how I began my career of cooking for dogs, after finding a veterinarian-developed recipe for dogs with failing kidneys. She lived another two and half fairly normal years eating Mom's home cooking. It was hard that she could not have any treats, but nothing existed at that time that she could have.

That was nearly 20 years ago. Wow, time flies.
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Finally got my barbecue fix. Left it at the house for the COD and took off to a rock painting class.

That was fun.

Gave away two bags of tomatoes.

Will see how many I gather later today. I go out there in the very late afternoon.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

OMG - our AC was just running and running.

I told the COD that I was kicking up the temp. I am freezing in my room anyway and it is colder in his and we "only" have it at 76. I set it to 77

If it was just me, it would be at 80!

My SIL was telling me a few weeks ago that she sets theirs at 69! They, well she, likes to be all covered up inside the house. To me that is not normal - lol.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Update:

Clem I keep my AC at 78 most of the time, the fiance would love for me to put it on 70 but it is too cold for me.

My raspberry pie is divine, I had deviled eggs and pie for supper LOL.
Some one is putting off fireworks and my dog is a little antzy.

I may go pick some more berries tomorrow. Depends on the weather, supposed to get rain on Friday so I plan on making noodles then. I try to plan things so if I have to stay in I feel productive.
Noodles are something everyone in the family likes so since my hens are laying I will make noodles and probably at least one Angel Food cake.

I think I am going to make some french toast and freeze it for taking when we go to the camper.
Not much going on today and that's okay.

JCKitty