Daily Check in June 23, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in June 23, 2021

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,
I was up before the alarm and at the Y by 5:15. Had a good walk. I have increased my pace.

I am off Friday for my Memorial Day holiday and contemplating offering to keep DGS4 for the day. Since their Babysitter quit and DGS7 is going to the Y, DGS4 goes to his Nonni's (other Grandma) when Mom and Dad work.

Nothing new here, other than my co-worker will not be back until early Aug. that is sad and I expect it to mean things did not go well with his ill Mother. But that also means I don't have automatic back-up for a while. But I have 8 days of PTO planned for next month. So someone will have to step up.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check in June 23, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I guess we will not be going away this weekend. Fishing trip is on hold until BIL is out of the hospital and feeling up to it. Kinda, sorta was looking forward to getting out of the city and north to the trees. However it could happen the next weekend, we shall see.

Hmmm, at least I should be able to finish more of this months projects at any rate. I did manage to partially sew 6 blocks yesterday and hope to get many more done today. I am not sure what solid colour to put with one specific pattern so will be checking out the fabric stash yet again today at some point.

Maggie, I don't think I could pick up my pace. That would mean walking more in order to get the at least 25 minutes of straight walking in that I need in order to build bone. I am also doing 11-12K steps once again so I think I will just leave it at that.

Well my neighbour has packed up her things and is out of the house now. They got the last two loads out yesterday evening. The other neighbour across the street is putting her house up for sale next spring. Soon we will be the oldest people on the street.. Scary thought. Must get through my stashes just in case Hubby decides he wants to move. Living in an apartment or condo is just not his style. He will go slightly bonkers not having a yard. We would need something with either ground floor access or a very large balcony.

Frugal happenings here will be the usual Wednesday things. I am still going to use up all that I can in order to have a clean fridge. That means probably no shopping until Friday or Saturday, and bread must be baked today. I will be heading out for my walk shortly and then getting a few household chores completed. Once those are done it will be back to sewing blocks. I have found that I can not sit at a sewing machine for long extended periods of time any more. My back will ache something fierce if I do.

I also plan to give the plants a drink of rain water, and pick the remaining rhubarb. May as well get the garden well under control and do a bit of branch clipping on the trees as well. Just need to pull out the step ladder. The grass needs hand clipping around the cherry trees as well.

I called youngest DS and asked what he was doing this weekend (as he usually comes home for the long weekends) as we might be gone the weekend he usually comes home. He is working on the city budget and is supposed to have Friday off, but will come home if he can this weekend. He and his Dad have not had their usual bonding time fishing yet this year and the weather is supposed to be lovely. Usually oldest DS sticks close to his Dad when he is home, and youngest seems to prefer my company. Fishing is one thing that youngest loves to do with his Dad. Oh and build things or set up fancy gadgets on the computer or phones.

Supper tonight is going to be the leftover chicken (used the leftover beef last night in a main dish salad). Not sure what I will make as it is supposed to be very hot. Chicken a la King..... salad.....casserole.

Today I am grateful that I seem to be making slight headway on using up the various stashes in my sewing/craft room.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning friends.

Mackie, I agree with others that the university is SO lucky to have you there. You have a tremendous work ethic and just the overall belief that the students should have clean accommodations. I’m glad that, at least right now, you are away from the meanies in the main office.

I didn’t sleep well but I slept until after 8 a.m. so feel OK. It is overcast and I just got a lightning alert on my phone so we’ll see.

Most likely I’ll stay home. I have a Rx ready for pick-up but I’d like to wait until my library book is in, if possible. Library book says “in transit” so I’m hoping for tomorrow.

Walked outside a few minutes ago to go to the mailbox and there was a big grasshopper on the roof of my car. We don’t have cicadas here. I’ve often seen the big grasshoppers on the outside of mom’s screened porch. They kind of creep me out.

Yesterday I was almost late for Pippi’s appointment because of, what else, my puzzle. I’m now about 3/4 finished.

Have a good day.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I had some trouble falling asleep last night. I got a burst of energy just before I planned to go to bed. I should have just stayed up and done some things.

I have to wash a blanket as I know I won’t need it until late November or December if then. I also need to make up the new pattern pieces for my planned iPhone bag. I will only need to cut out one new piece.

I partially unloaded the dishwasher while the Keurig made my coffee. I put away the rest after I drank the coffee.

I have a lot to do today. I am not going to get it all done but if I at least make a start that is progress.

The blanket is in the washer, about ready to go into the dryer.

I transferred ride information from a sheet of paper I could loose to my notebook. I have made a phone call to arrange a ride to the Hearing aid location for a follow-up appointment. Also noted in my notebook.

I have sorted and put several items into my giveaway bin. I have pitched a lot. Shredded some papers.

There is still more to do. I put my old bins back into my knitting needle drawer. I prefer them to the new ones I bought.

Penny
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Hi, frugal ones. I am having an early lunch, which is nice because it's so quiet. The leftover spaghetti is so yummy!

In a bit I have to call some students about finishing up paperwork. Also talked to my nice boss, the one who oversees my building, about damages and repairs. I had sent him a shopping list for the kitchen too. And I found a step-by-step guide on how to wash dishes by hand to print out and laminate. Almost every family has a dishwasher now, and the dorm kitchen does not, which would explain the sad state of the pots and pans yesterday.

Hope you all have a lovely day.
Mackie
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

Hi :D

What am I missing? what holiday???

So, Goldie (3 year old lab mix 80#'s) has a UTI and kidney stones . Took the vet office over a week an 1/2 to get the results for her antibiotics.

I'm giving her the pills with some chicken, but she won't eat the food for her kidneys.

the two other dogs, of course will eat the kidney food, and of course the vet told me not to give that to them.

So, I'm mixing it with other things, but Goldie still won't eat it. Sadly I'm going to be "starving" her until she eats it .

The vet is ordering another food to try, but who knows when it will be here.

DH is being VERY good he isn't giving any of the dogs snacks , this is very big for him, food is his love language.

One of my early girl tomatoes is turning red, here we go 8-)

IC