Daily Check In June 24, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check In June 24, 2021

Post by clemencia2us »

99 people unaccounted for in the Florida building collapse. :shock:

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Sad and scary what is happening in Missouri. I live across the river from St. Louis, MO. There has always been people not wanting to wear masks or social distance and did not want to be vaccinated. A lot of the current cases are younger people living in the more rural counties. They just do not get it.

So sad what has happened with the condo in Florida.

Not much going on here. We are being advised to stay home due to the monsoon rains and severe storms we are expecting. We had a mild thunderstorm this afternoon and Teddi was so apprehnsive it was sad. The worse is yet to come tonight into tomorrow with flash flood warning until Saturday. Fortunatelly I do not have to go anywhere so will just hunker down here and hope the power stays on. Just about a week ago we had sever storms and it took the power company days to get eveyone restored.

Take care everone.
Janet Alliesmama

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

clemencia2us wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:16 pm
99 people unaccounted for in the Florida building collapse. :shock:
Looking at the building and knowing this happened in the night, I’m not surprised. But a few hours ago I was hopeful when they kept saying one dead and it didn’t sound like many people were hospitalized. But of course that’s how it was with the World Trade Center - very few hospitalized.

I am remembering about 5-10 years ago in Sarasota there was a very upscale condo high rise that was suddenly condemned (or almost condemned) when someone discovered cracks in the floor and other signs. They say it almost collapsed. I can’t remember what material or contractor was at fault. The owners had to move out while it was repaired, which took about five years because of financial/insurance fights. Those people were lucky.

floridacatlover

itspennyc wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:10 am
I have been busy, I just shredded about a 1 inch high stack of legal papers related to an auto accident in 1998.

I had to empty my shredder bin twice. I have added to my giveaway bin.

I need to take it to the area where people share giveaway stuff.

Breakfast was the last of my blueberry oatmeal muffins.

Penny
Penny, I’m glad I’m not the only one who is shredding very old documents! 🙂

Good idea to check with your doctor on your Covid immunity.

floridacatlover

I finished my puzzle! Yes, I’ve wasted almost the whole day but I couldn’t stay away from it. I was convinced I was missing pieces but the problem was one piece in the wrong space. So it is complete. Much harder than I thought and I’ll definitely put it in the donate pile but it was fun.

I ran out to get my Rx since they had left two messages. I may or may not go to mom’s house. There is always tomorrow and Pippi’s appointment tomorrow isn’t until 4:30.

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

floridacatlover wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:39 pm
I finished my puzzle! Yes, I’ve wasted almost the whole day but I couldn’t stay away from it. I was convinced I was missing pieces but the problem was one piece in the wrong space. So it is complete. Much harder than I thought and I’ll definitely put it in the donate pile but it was fun.

I ran out to get my Rx since they had left two messages. I may or may not go to mom’s house. There is always tomorrow and Pippi’s appointment tomorrow isn’t until 4:30.
Florida Cat congrats on finishing the puzzle. I admire your persistance.. I did one one time that was almost all white in the center.. never again..lol.
Janet Alliesmama