Daily Check In June 24, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In June 24, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Off to get coffee, starting us all off. Back real soon.

Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In June 24, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

It cooled off very well last night so windows are open this morning, and since it is quite chilly after getting out from under the blankets I am wrapped in a knitted shawl as I type.

I will more than likely go grocery shopping today as if youngest DS comes home there are a few things we need and when he parks he will block me in. Means my vehicle will not be moving this weekend at all.

I managed to put together another 6 blocks yesterday and I hope to get at least that many if not more done today. I really do not have much to do sweep floors, make a grocery list, go shopping, and water the plants (if they need it, might let the dry out another day). Most of which I can manage to get completed before I head out the door.

Then I get to sew. It really is the pits when you are used to sitting at a machine for 2 or 3 hours, but now you are lucky if you manage in one hour spurts with a rest/walking in between. My back usually kills be after an hour or so. Perhaps a lower chair or a higher table would help (kidding my self as it does not help with the computer). Once all the blocks are made I will be cutting them to make a disappearing 9 patch. Hopefully this will totally be done that way. I am still thinking about binding and edging, but will finish the top first before I do anything.

I have been knitting on the 4th of the Secret Santa scarves and have almost finished one more ball of yarn. I have had this yarn in my stash for years and could never think of what to make with it. Scarves are perfect for those small quantities.

My poor cross stitch is being neglected, but that will be a carryover project for next month as well as card/envelope making, and the t-shirt rug. Doubt I will be bored for a very long time.

My province will be opening up shortly, but I am not too sure that it is the right thing to do. Even with the majority of the population having at least one dose, there are still those that for some reason or other will not get one (you know those that say the pandemic is fake, or that taking the vaccine will make you sterile, or that those who have taken it will drop day in a few years). Those people scare me.

My friend went for a drive a couple of nights ago and there was a group protesting the vaccine right in front of the clinic where the doses were being done. While this has occurred in other areas, it is the first time a rally of this sort has been held here. Scary.

Supper tonight is going to be a clean out the fridge night. I have my leftover beef salad, the chicken dish from last night, and lots of salad. All needs to go. I do need to make a bit more rice however.

Today I am grateful that we are having another nice weather day.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.

MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Jackie, did you see the link FloridaCat posted the other day about the outbreak of Delta variant in a county department near where she lives? The mortality rate was 40% among the unvaccinated. The only person who had been vaccinated did not get sick at all. That speaks volumes.

I am taking a break in that I have not been given anything to do (back at the main office today). There's some kind of mold or dust problem here and my allergies are driving me nuts.

Tonight I will do my laundry after work. DH and I will probably go out to supper at the Mexican restaurant. Tomorrow after work I will give the dogs a bath, as two of them have a vet appointment Saturday morning.

Hope you all have a peaceful and frugal day.
Mackie

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning friends.

I slept OK but had a bad dream.

In a few minutes I’ll go to pick up my Rx and then to mom’s house. Yesterday we had a short period of heavy rain during the day and then more heavy rain last night. I’ll have to cut the backyard soon but not today.

Did you hear that part of a 12-story condo collapsed overnight just north of Miami Beach? One dead so far and many injuries. I can’t imagine what happened. The condo was built in 1981. It looks like the Federal Building in Oklahoma City but I don’t think there is any indication of a bomb.

https://www.miamiherald.com/

I’m almost done with my puzzle. I’m hoping to finish today if the light cooperates and depending when I get home from mom’s house.

I think there are going to continue to be many Covid deaths among the anti-vaxxers.

Have a good day.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

MackerelCat wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:57 am
Jackie, did you see the link FloridaCat posted the other day about the outbreak of Delta variant in a county department near where she lives? The mortality rate was 40% among the unvaccinated. The only person who had been vaccinated did not get sick at all. That speaks volumes.

I am taking a break in that I have not been given anything to do (back at the main office today). There's some kind of mold or dust problem here and my allergies are driving me nuts.

Tonight I will do my laundry after work. DH and I will probably go out to supper at the Mexican restaurant. Tomorrow after work I will give the dogs a bath, as two of them have a vet appointment Saturday morning.

Hope you all have a peaceful and frugal day.
Yes I did. Hopefully the anti-maskers, anti-this vaccine people learn to read something other than their own "fake" news. They keep going on about how Florida, Texas, North and South Dakota are wide open and doing wonderfully. Which really is not true.

itspennyc

Post by itspennyc »

There was an article about Missouri, an extremely conservative state and their rapidly increasing rates of COVID-19.

I am fully vaccinated, but there are now questions as to how much immunity I actually have due to my having leukemia.

Next week when I see my Doctor about the results of my bone marrow biopsy. I am asking her.

Penny