Daily Check In June 24, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Grannysewstoys

Re: Daily Check In June 24, 2021

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I have been busy, I just shredded about a 1 inch high stack of legal papers related to an auto accident in 1998.

I had to empty my shredder bin twice. I have added to my giveaway bin.

I need to take it to the area where people share giveaway stuff.

Breakfast was the last of my blueberry oatmeal muffins.

Penny
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,

I did not sleep well last night :( but have been up and getting stuff done.
I was going to go pick more berries but decided against it...I am sore from trying to navigate uneven ground and sneezing alot...weeds and something???

I told middle grand if she picks, I will buy LOL...she loves picking so have at it!!!
I have plenty to do here to stay busy,

About the anti-vaxxers and Covid...I still mask up and sanitize.... the delta variant is here in my state and combined with the number of people that refuse to get vaccinated ,it is crazy.
They all scream about wanting to go back to "normal" but refuse to help it along.

JCKitty
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

yes i've been reading about the building collapse - very strange.
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good early afternoon beautiful people,

We have a lovely summer’s day today with perfect temperature at 25C or 77 F. While it was cooler, I spent about an hour in the garden. I picked some spinach and did some weeding. By doing a bit of weeding every day, it keeps things very well under control. After the garden work, I went for a 7 km walk or 4.3 miles. Then came inside, washed the spinach thoroughly and here I am now!

Dh will be very happy that the city has finally built up the asphalt at the end of our driveway. There was a huge depression before, almost always filled with water crumbling the curb at the end of our driveway. This unexpected visit from the city crew has pretty much left me hostage at home though. I don’t want to drive my car over the fresh asphalt. I had planned on grocery shopping but that will be deferred. Finally after about five years of calling the city the work has been done. I guess sometimes you just have to speak to the right person. He was golfing when they came.

I feel so much better after this fourth day of not taking the hormonal medication. This confirms my belief that it was not suited to my body. I never mentioned anything to Dh or Dd2, but they both mentioned they have noticed a change in me. I sincerely hope the medical oncologist will agree to a different kind of medication. I truly am a person who doesn’t complain very much.

This afternoon I will clean the main bathroom and then read on the deck in the shade! Just a typical summer’s day! Our neighbours will return from their three day camping trip. I feel a little badly as the weather wasn’t great - lots of rain, cool and even hail one day.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Creative
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

My schwan's order just arrived. Ordered more ice cream bars!

I don't feel like doing anything today - but what else is new.

Going to be warm again.

Did I mention that I hate summer - :mrgreen:
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Not sure why I have no get up and go.

I see that people force themselves to get up and go - so I forced myself to do my daily drive and start making my lunch.

I just think that the get up and go should come naturally. Well it always did for me. Many years ago. Must be a new phase in my life - who knows.