Daily Check In June 28, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In June 28, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Just starting us off. I will be back as soon as my coffee cup is filled.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In June 28, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

We are coming into some very warm weather this week. I do believe that our air conditioner just might be working overtime for awhile. In fact while we will be very warm, the northern half of our province will be hot, hot, hot. They will actually be warmer than we are. That is an unusual circumstance.

Our new neighbours have moved in and they have 2 cats and a dog. It is going to be loads of fun around here. One of the cats was already up in our front tree and unable (or rather didn't want to) get down yesterday. Ladder was gotten and Charlie was finally retrieved.

Frugal happenings here will be the usual Monday happenings. Laundry washed and hung out on the lines, floors mopped using my reusable homemade swifter steam mop pads, bathroom walls cleaned using homemade cleaner (just vinegar and water), and of course my long walk in the morning, short walk mid afternoon and medium length walk right before I start to make supper. I will definitely get my exercise in today going up and down stairs and taking my regular walks.

This afternoon I hope to finish off the blocks to the quilt and perhaps get a couple cut and transformed into the disappearing 9 patch design. This should be an interesting mish mash of colour and design a really scrappy quilt.

Then this evening I will do some knitting, I finished off one ball of yarn and I can tell I will probably use all 4 small balls on this scarf I am working on. Still getting my stash used up is the main idea behind the Secret Santa scarf making process.

I have also thought up another way to use up all my 4" squares. It is time to make some more coasters and hot pads. The ones I have are getting misplaced or worn out. Time for some new ones. I also think that it is getting close to the time my grocery store will be charging for plastic bags again so some more fabric bags will be a great idea. Once Covid 19 restrictions are totally lifted I can see being charged for the bags once again.

Supper tonight is going to be hamburgers. I hope that we can BBQ those as well today. It will save heating the house up too much. I will make a salad to go along with them. Must remember to pull the buns out of the freezer as well.

Today I am grateful that the mornings are still cool enough to enjoy my walks.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

Last night I stood on a chair to get a hatbox and plastic box with t-shirts and sleepwear from my closet. It is a difficult area to reach. The only thing in the hatbox was a black handbag which I’ll most likely keep. I’ll also keep the hatbox but put it on the shelf of my craft closet which is much easier to reach. In the other box I think I can donate or discard most of the sleepwear. I’m not a printed t-shirt person, but these are four from my university and workplaces. I’ll keep them but can put them in a previously decluttered box of tops that is half empty. I won’t put anything in that difficult-to-reach spot. Feels good.

I still have a lot of shredding from the paperwork I went through yesterday. I still have more papers to go through but I can see an end in sight. (I have a box of my uncle’s papers, most or all not needed, on the shelf in my second bedroom.)

Later when the sun is a bit lower I’ll go to mom’s house. On the way I’ll stop at the library to get the book Kitty mentioned, Nickled and Dimed. Tomorrow Pippi has an EARLY appointment, 8 a.m., so I’ll have to give her her pill around 5. I try to avoid these early appointments but on this day it was the best they could do.

I’m doing laundry now and next on my list is to dismantle my color gradient puzzle.

Have a good day.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I am at work, bored out of my mind due to having nothing to do. There are tons of things to do at my office, but I have to sit at the main office like a doorstop. Thank heavens for an online newspaper subscription.

It puzzled me why this bunch was so hot to have a receptionist: turns out they had one, she quit, so they think they need one. Really, not so much!

I slept poorly last night. It was 2:22 am the last time I looked at the clock, so getting out of bed was hard. DH has either allergies or a light cold and was snoring and twitching, so I did not fall asleep until he finally went deeply asleep and settled down.

Did get a load of towels started washing before I left for work, so that's a plus. I am doing a couple of small chores every day before and after work so that weekends are not complete toil.

Hope everyone has a lovely, peaceful day.
Mackie
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I was in a lot of pain most of yesterday. So far so good this morning.

I have a clean bottom sheet on my bed, the sheets are in the washer. I took the butter out to bake brownies.

Beyond the bed and the brownies I have no big plans. I do hope to do some of the things I didn’t feel up to yesterday. I did read 2 books.

The brownies are baked and cooling. The dishwasher is going. The sheets are now in the dryer.

I still need to finish making the bed. I want to organize my sewing area.

Penny
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good morning all,

Late morning but I have been up and getting stuff done.
More storms over night and so hot and humid this morning...plus the bugs are awful .

For some reason I am feeling discombobulated this morning....I have stuff to do but not feeling "settled" enough to get it done. Probably cause I had a restless night. :roll:

I have a load of laundry done and on the lines but wondering if they will dry in this humidity. Next up I need to do the floors.
I have packaged and frozen the last batch of noodles....I would make more but completely out of freezer space. Might make an angel food cake....

Off to read and catch up

JCKitty