speaking of shortages, is there anything that you bough too much of?

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: speaking of shortages, is there anything that you bough too much of?

Post by clemencia2us »

floridacatlover wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:02 am Idahoan mashed potatoes in packets. I really don’t eat potatoes very often as it turns out.
i love those!!
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

toilet paper!!!!

The COD would not stop picking it up wherever he saw it!!
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

I didn't really overstock on anything...at first I thought I might have over done it on rice but then my dog had his "episode" and the vet told me to start making his food with rice so that worked out really well.

FloridaCat, you can freeze those packets of mashed potatoes....like Clem, I really like them. Mainly because they taste really good and also because I simple have trouble using up a bag of potatoes.

I am working on slowly rebuilding my stockpile for winter.
JCKitty
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

jckitty wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:20 pm I didn't really overstock on anything...at first I thought I might have over done it on rice but then my dog had his "episode" and the vet told me to start making his food with rice so that worked out really well.

FloridaCat, you can freeze those packets of mashed potatoes....like Clem, I really like them. Mainly because they taste really good and also because I simple have trouble using up a bag of potatoes.

I am working on slowly rebuilding my stockpile for winter.
JCKitty
The COD couldn't tell the difference between those and the ones I made from scratch! I would really whip my homemade ones up with sour cream and butter. If he knew they had sour cream, he probably would not touch them.
Sandy

Post by Sandy »

icfrugal1 wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:28 pm For me , I bought lots of oatmeal, I was baking oatmeal bread and cookies, now not so much.

do you have too much of anything?

IC
Too many canned products (soups especially). I have a case of Campbell's Chunky Chicken Noodle in the microwaveable containers and a case of Campbell's Chicken Soup with O's in the microwaveable, sippy containers that both have a "best if used by date" of next month. I sent them with my son to his office because I know there are at least two people who will be glad to use them for lunches while at work.

I have a case of mixed stew veggies that have a "best if used by date" of September and I opened them, poured two drained cans, each bag, into ziploc quart freezer bags, labeled, dated and froze on cookie sheets so they'd be flat.

Dry items like low-carb pasta, muffin mixes, Melba Toast, instant mashed potatoes, individual Rice-a-Roni cups, etc., I put into 2.5 gallon ziploc freezer bags and put into my chest freezer. Bags of flour fit right into gallon ziploc freezer bags, as do boxes of brown rice and go into the freezer, as well.
Sandy

Post by Sandy »

floridacatlover wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:02 am Idahoan mashed potatoes in packets. I really don’t eat potatoes very often as it turns out.
That's the brand I buy in the individual serving cups. Put them in freezer bags and into the freezer.