Daily Check In July 12, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
jckitty

Re: Daily Check In July 12, 2021

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,

Another day/week of crappy weather ahead for us. can't hang stuff on the outdoor lines and that sucks.
I washed hot pads and placemats this morning so have them hanging in house to dry .

I need to run the vacuum cleaner and possibly the floor cleaner...puppy paw prints . :roll:
I have plenty to do but to be honest not a lot of mo-jo. I will get stuff done but will have to talk myself into it. :?
I think it is the weather...so dreary. Then I see on the news about the temps out west and just cringe...they are so hot and dry.

Off to see if I can get something done.

JCKitty
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good morning beautiful people,

I went to get my Walmart pickup order this morning and have put everything away. Then I decided to go for my 5 km walk as it was still cool, at 19 C or 66 F. I actually wore a light sweater for the walk. The patio door is open to let in the cool air. No need for air conditioning. The upstairs bedroom windows are also open. Dh and I thoroughly watered all the pots, grass and garden before the Walmart pickup. It’s been a long time since we last had rain. The air quality isn’t great because of forest fire smoke. Dh still went golfing though and I also still had my walk. There are no fires in the immediate area where I live, just brought in by the wind.

I need to make my lunch salad and wash some berries for lunch. I haven’t quite decided what to do this afternoon but will try my best to keep busy.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Creative
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

or is it afternoon?

Second day of no rain - how strange. The sun is out and it is a bit warm out there. I slept okay considering the COD was not here.

He was in the city yesterday and had to go to the ER. Looks like he has vertigo. He stayed with his daughter after he was released. She is a nurse, so in good hands. Could be his pain meds causing this.

So we are just here at home waiting for Dad to come home. I almost forgot to feed his cats, but he sent me their "menu".

Take care all
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Bonne apres mid toute le monde!

I just had a short snooze. I really decided I would lie down to "straighten" out my back but got in about a 20 minute snooze at the same time.

Not much happening around here today. Another 31C/88F day. We have smoke in our air just like Creative. Ours is coming in from neighboring northern Saskatchewan. It is quite hazy out in town but not quite to the breathing warning stage. We are set for two more weeks of warm/hot temperatures with no rain in sight. Like Jackie's area, we get rumors of a "late night thunderstorm" and nothing materializes. I would love for us to have about 4-5 days of a nice light rain that could soak into the fields and get the trees and lawns watered.

I have a pile of laundry to throw in the machine for today. I will do that right after finishing this check-in. I'll have to throw some in the dryer since I have no access to an outside line.

I got Opal's cage all cleaned and set-up for her last night. She must be comfy in her new shredded paper bedding as I've only seen her once today and that was coming out for a drink. I'm glad she is comfy in her little house.

Well, I'm off to toss a load in the washing machine. That's the skinny from around here!!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

clemencia2us wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:33 pm Good morning all

or is it afternoon?

Second day of no rain - how strange. The sun is out and it is a bit warm out there. I slept okay considering the COD was not here.

He was in the city yesterday and had to go to the ER. Looks like he has vertigo. He stayed with his daughter after he was released. She is a nurse, so in good hands. Could be his pain meds causing this.

So we are just here at home waiting for Dad to come home. I almost forgot to feed his cats, but he sent me their "menu".

Take care all
Sorry to hear about COD. I'm glad he has his daughter to look after him while you hold down the homestead with the menu for the cats. I hope he is home soon!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Prairie Waif2 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:40 pm Sorry to hear about COD. I'm glad he has his daughter to look after him while you hold down the homestead with the menu for the cats. I hope he is home soon!

MJ
talked to him earlier and he said he is feeling better.