Daily Check in July 14, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in July 14, 2021

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning friends
mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check in July 14, 2021

Post by mbrudnic »

Hello Again.
DS2 is in the shower and we will soon head out for a big breakfast and then off the the Battleship New Jersey. Did not sleep too well. DS is suffering from allergies and snored loudly. He said I snored a bit too. Not surprised. LOL.

Everyone have a great day,
Maggie
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

mbrudnic wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:09 am Hello Again.
DS2 is in the shower and we will soon head out for a big breakfast and then off the the Battleship New Jersey. Did not sleep too well. DS is suffering from allergies and snored loudly. He said I snored a bit too. Not surprised. LOL.

Everyone have a great day,
Maggie
Maggie, my friend’s daughter and her family are on their “Americana” vacation and went to the Battleship New Jersey about 10 days ago. She thought it would be nice for her husband and three children but it turned out that she was surprised that she also loved it. (I’ve been following her travels on Facebook.) So enjoy and tell us what you think when you have a chance. I would never have thought a battleship would be interesting to me but now I’ll go if I’m in the area.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Wow, we are in for more hot weather over the next week or so. Temperatures slowly rising, and no rain in sight. Right now I am thinking that there actually could be a shortage of flours due to the lack of moisture. Farmers in my little corner are not set up for irrigation and crops are really not doing very well. Just might have to buy regular flour, and my bread flours this week, along with a bit of a stock up on pasta.

I have a few things to do today. I need to weed and water the gardens, pick some kale, and perhaps I can get a final picking from the rhubarb, though it seems to have slowed it's growth down. I also need to do those little inside tasks, and take the pj bottoms over to my friends, one more project down and a bag out of the sewing/craft room. I also managed to cut up and selvage all the fabric I could from those jeans eldest DS brought home. Now I just have to cut the fabric up into squares. Did a bit more on my cross stitch yesterday afternoon as well and of course knit more on the scarf (this will be a fairly long one) during the evening.

I started a new program on BritBox (Gardener's World is waiting for more programming). It has Mary Berry or is it Barry in it and she travels through the UK being entertained in some rather large homes. The first one she visited was Highclere, better known as Downton Abbey. It was quite interesting. I hadn't realized that the same family owned it for as long as they have and that before then it was owned by the church (meaning Catholic church and not Church of England). After this series I may just make my way through the programming alphabetically. I seem to miss things if I just go into the front page.

Frugally around the old homestead I will be washing our bedding and getting most of it out on the lines to dry today. I may even get some carpets washed and drying on the deck. Meals will be prepared with what is on hand and substitutions made if necessary (and there will be substitutions today).

The mint needs another haircut and so I think I will be doing a bit more dehydrating today as well. I need to check and see how much mint jelly I have, I just might need to make some with my next picking.

Of course I will walk for my daily exercise, work in the garden for a bit more. I plan on doing some more cross stitch, and continuing the tidy of my little hide a way (sewing/craft room). I think I can move some of the yarn from the tote under the desk to one of the drawers that already contain yarn. And if I fold fabric a bit better I can perhaps move some of the smaller pieces from the bottom of the closet into the fabric drawers. It will also give me a bit of a chance to declutter or remove that which I will not be using.

Supper is something made with the leftover ham. Probably a smaller ham/scalloped potato casserole as there really is not much ham left at all.

Today I am grateful for the rain water we collected as it will really come in handy, especially to water the fruit trees.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

Today will be a quiet day at home. I slept fairly well until Pippi started her meowing.

Since injuring my back I’ve done no decluttering or shredding but today I’ll get back to it since my back is much better, but not perfect. I sit on the floor when I use the shredder.

It is hot here day after day but it is not the extreme heat that people in the West have been suffering or even those of you in Canada. I always say we have five straight months of 92 F. but this year it’s been more like 88 F. We very rarely get into the high 90s and never get to 100 F. We have a sea breeze. The big thing here is it doesn’t cool down much at night and is typically about 78 F. overnight. And it is always humid. I’ll get my next electric bills next week. So far this summer, not bad.

Have a good day.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

This morning I made calls, for my upcoming Appointments, 2 doctors and the follow up for my hearing aid.

Last night I sewed a dust cover for my sewing machine. I added a decorative stitch done on my other machine.

I still need to empty the dishwasher and dish drainer.

Penny