Daily Check In July 15, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In July 15, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Off to get some coffee. Back real soon. My fingers are not working properly right now.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check In July 15, 2021

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

I am such a morning person, I am ready to go. DS just rolled out of bed and is in the shower. If it had been up to me, we'd be out eating breakfast by now. But no huge rush I guess. we have all of today and most of tomorrow. We have tickets to the baseball game tomorrow and it starts at 4-something. LOL!

It will be another hot and humid day here.
Have a nice day,
Maggie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

It is already fairly warmish this morning so I am thinking that my morning walk could be slightly shorter than usual. Since I will be running errands that should not be a problem (just need to do those early this morning, and be home before the weather gets really warm) I will still get my steps in.

Our Catholic Bishops and dioceses here in my province have started to fund raise for our part in the whole IRS scandal. I am hoping the other provinces start to do so as well. They will come out with a goal and timeline once things are finalized. Our Archbishop (in my Diocese) has been visiting and talking with the elders for the past few years. I believe it is because of him that the campaign even began. I don't think that it is right that we try and raise all the money that the First Nations want on our own. There were IRS in every province and all the Diocese across Canada should be doing this as well.

Not really very much happening around here. It is much too hot during the day to be outside, and then in the evening the mosquitos are really bad, so bad you can not enjoy sitting on your deck. I need to buy more bug spray or get some more citronella candles. Hmmm, perhaps Hubby can rehang the bug zapper as well (if he can find it).

Yesterday I started the tidying of the sewing/craft room and will continue with that today in 15 minute intervals. I am moving along on my cross stitch and really want to be able to take advantage of the wonderful natural light while I can.

I was going to bake bread today, but I will bring up the loaf from the freezer. I plan on using the bread machine to make pizza dough for our supper tonight. I hope there will be enough left over to just be able to warm it up on Saturday.

At some point today I plan on heading into the garden and picking lettuce, as well as kale. I should be able to get enough of both to last us for awhile. I don't really like braving the mosquitos but it must be done. Any good recipes that use kale would be appreciated. I have an abundance and can only eat so many salads.

Supper tonight will be pizza and a kale salad.

Today I am grateful for the few hours our air conditioning shuts down a day.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Good morning, frugal friends. Owned, I hope and pray for the best outcome for your daughter. (((Hugs)))

Maggie, I am not a morning person but can impersonate one for a paycheck! :-D

This has been a difficult week with work so far. Lots of crazy phone calls. I have stopped taking the medication to drain fluid from my ear, as it seems to have done all it could. My hearing has not improved, but the ear pain has gone away.

Hope you all have a peaceful day.
Mackie
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Owned,

I am so sorry to hear the news about LeAnn. Yes, we must have hope. I am not at home to check my Bible but somewhere in Romans it says, "With Perseverance comes hope, such hope as endures." I do so hope things will begin to improve for LeAnn. You both have my thoughts and prayers.

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Bonne matin toute le Monde!

I am not at home. Since late yesterday afternoon, Opal and I came over to Lily Gurl's house to dog sit her. I will be here until sometime tomorrow afternoon. It's always a good time hanging out with Lily. :)

Since I am not at home, no housework and I'll have to scrounge for my meals. That's not too bad. Gives me a bit of a vacation too. Today is Burrito Thursday at the Taco Time. I love their burritos and it's become a Thursday go to, as long as I have the moolah for it.

This morning, I went to make coffee but the Keurig reusable pod was nowhere to be found. I looked all over the place and couldn't find it. I debated for quite a while how important coffee was to my being. After about and hour, I decided it was important enough for me to get in the van and drive to the 7-11 to buy a cup. Sure is hitting the spot!!

Yes, I still have Zoe's van! She has been away, with the kids, for almost two weeks. She is up helping her Mom with the garden and deck painting and such. I am not sure how long she will be there but for now? I am enjoying being able to have transportation around town.

Like Jackie, we are to have a very hot day. CBC radio, out of Winnipeg, says we should have a 37C humidex this afternoon. Ugh!! We are going to go into our third week of this heat wave starting next week. I just want it to rain!!

That's the skinny from around here!!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.