Daily Check In July 15, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
jckitty

Re: Daily Check In July 15, 2021

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,

Thinking of Owned and her family.

I am not a morning person anymore, retirement took care of that!!! :lol:

I was however woken up this AM by the sound of chewing ...outside by my window. It w :D as a darned piney squirrel trying to chew into the trim of my house...on an eve...box trim. As Janet would say, Grrrr!

I had to have some coffee in me before I tried come up with a plan and to deal with it .
So after coffee and still in my sleep boxers and tank top I commenced on "Operation squirrel"...assembled steel wool, spray foam and gorilla tape. I had to use the ladder so took my cell with me.
The spray foam shot the tube off! But I was able to make it work. The squirrel had obviously had time because it had chewed a hole!!

I pulled and prepped the steel wool, sprayed the hole full of foam and stuffed the steel wool in. Then I put gorilla tape over it. The tape is temporary. It will be replaced with wood at some point.
I hate those squirrels. They are so destructive and I really don't care how people think they are cute, they need to go!

You have to really look to see the repair....
So far I have only got that repair done, chickens dealt with and robo-vac ran. Laundry needs done and regular house chores. Then I will piddle this afternoon, I went to the library yesterday and got reading material. But I need to pace myself because I don't want eye strain.

We are supposed to get rain this evening and off and on this weekend....no camper for me :(

I did burn the brush pile yesterday, I was kind of surprised it all burned, because of all of the rain we have had I thought it might be too wet, but a bunch of newspaper and 1 match and it took off. :D

Off to get my day going.
JCKitty
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

Jackie, you put June instead of July by mistake.

Owned, I’m thinking of you and LeAnn and I’m continuing to pray.

I had a rough night last night. It’s not often that I have trouble falling asleep but last night was one of those nights. Then Pippi started her meowing routine around 4:30. After feeding her around 5:30, I went back to sleep until 9.

Today I’m having lunch with my friend. I may order breakfast foods. This is the friend who loaned me the puzzles so I’ll return the last one to her.

Later I’ll go to mom’s house and do some trimming. We had more rain last night.

Our Tampa Bay is suffering an ecological nightmare because of dead marine life from red tide. The county has removed 676 tons of dead fish as of yesterday, most from our downtown city. It is also a financial nightmare for our area and the state is grudgingly going to provide some money after we asked for it. This is by far the worst red tide in my memory. When I was in high school, I helped “shovel” dead fish from our Gulf coastal areas as part of a service project. But it was nothing like this. My one friend lives in a condo in our downtown but she is in NC right now but says another friend says it stinks. So sad - plus boating operators are losing tons of money.

I’m off to lunch in a few minutes.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I have spent the morning balancing my bank statement. I also have partially made the bed with clean sheets. I am waiting for the dresses to be dry so I can hang them and put the sheets in the washer.

Dinner today will be liver, tomorrow I will have the other half of the ravioli. I put the meatloaf into the freezer.

I also have an H-E-B order ready to finalize and submit tonight, for delivery tomorrow.

I think I figured out how to attach the belt to my phone bag.

Penny
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

floridacatlover wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:21 am Hello friends.

Jackie, you put June instead of July by mistake.

Owned, I’m thinking of you and LeAnn and I’m continuing to pray.

I had a rough night last night. It’s not often that I have trouble falling asleep but last night was one of those nights. Then Pippi started her meowing routine around 4:30. After feeding her around 5:30, I went back to sleep until 9.

Today I’m having lunch with my friend. I may order breakfast foods. This is the friend who loaned me the puzzles so I’ll return the last one to her.

Later I’ll go to mom’s house and do some trimming. We had more rain last night.

Our Tampa Bay is suffering an ecological nightmare because of dead marine life from red tide. The county has removed 676 tons of dead fish as of yesterday, most from our downtown city. It is also a financial nightmare for our area and the state is grudgingly going to provide some money after we asked for it. This is by far the worst red tide in my memory. When I was in high school, I helped “shovel” dead fish from our Gulf coastal areas as part of a service project. But it was nothing like this. My one friend lives in a condo in our downtown but she is in NC right now but says another friend says it stinks. So sad - plus boating operators are losing tons of money.

I’m off to lunch in a few minutes.
Yikes, that's what happens when I don't have coffee. I will fix it now.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

All fixed.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good afternoon all

Not much going on here. Well besides the drama in our city. Our new mayor is a psycho. :mrgreen:

There will be another meeting this afternoon - who will be fired this time??

It is warm here. Looks like the virus cases are making a comeback. We shall see what happens.

The yard looks terrible, but will be done tomorrow. I never got the yard cutting bug like my older sisters. They are weird to me anyway. Their hubbies are not allowed to touch the lawn. My brother is scheduled to work on it tomorrow