Daily Check in July 16, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
jckitty

Re: Daily Check in July 16, 2021

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,

It has taken forever this AM to get in to post. I could get the screen but it would not allow me to type.

It is a dreary day, still raining and just nasty outside. It is depressing.
Last night on the dog's last potty run, I saw little tree frogs on my deck railing... they are even tired of the constant wet.

I have been getting stuff done, have the dishwasher going and the pizza dough is going. I also have the tomato sauce in the sieve. Tomato sauce is too runny for me but tomato paste is too thick so I do this to get the consistency I want. More dishes and more mess but I am picky :roll:

I was going to run the floor cleaner but with all of the rain....I just don't know...
Hope Owned and her DD are doing better today.

JCKitty
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I went to Walmart this morning I took a taxi. I was able to get most of what was on my want list. Plus a few things I just wanted.

I was able to get a new small frying pan. Finding an 8” one is not easy. Esp., one that is heavy enough for my stove. It has a sensor to make sure there is actually a pan on the burner. Some of the lighter weight pans are not heavy enough.

I found the tiny gingham that I was looking for, it came in a precut 1 yard piece. I think Gingham is coming back into style as I saw a quit set with a huge Gingham print.

My dinner was the other half of the Ravioli and a salad.

Penny
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Bonne apres midi tout le monde!!

Today is my last day babysitting Lily Gurl! That poor dog just could not figure out what Opal was for the life of her. And of course, Opal put on a display of acrobatics I've never seen before as she climbed around inside her cage antagonizing poor Lily. She really was having a good time. She a brat which means she was adopted by the right human!

I'll be leaving here sometime this afternoon. It's just after 2 pm and I still haven't had lunch yet. I'm starting to get hungry! I might stop at Little Caeser's and get a ready to go pizza. I can then make that lunch and supper.

It is 84F but "feels like" 99F. Yup. I put Lily out and she sure didn't want to stay out longer.

Well, I am definitely looking forward to sleeping in my bed tonight. When I am here, I sleep on the couch and it isn't really my gig.

That's the skinny from around here!!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Maggie good to hear you are having a nice vacation. Enjoy you have earned it.

Floridacat good to hear you had a restful sleep and Pippi is tolerating her new powder well.

Jackie take a break. You sound like my Mom if she did not have herself going every 10 min doing something she had to find something to do. It is not a crime to take a break, a nap, or sit and watch the clouds go by. Just my 2 cents.

MJ Opal sounds so cute.

Kitty your weather sounds the same as ours. Getting really old..

Penny not sure how much you need for your projects but when I need a tiny print for my miniatures I got to Goodwill or Salvation Army and look in their baby section and find the tiny prints I am looking for. They do not cost that much compared to fabric. However if you need a lot then that is a different story.

Nothing going on here. We are having monsoon rain off and on. I am really loving the new weather app on my computer. I was going to take Teddi out to potty but it was pouring down. I looked on the app and it said rain stopping in 30 min at 2:20 PM. I looked out the window at 2:22 PM no rain. The app said rain starting at 2:38 PM. So we scurried out and in and the rain started at just about the time stated. Amazing!

I am doing a lot of research online trying to find recipes to match up with food I have in the house. I love typing in ingredients I have looking forward to the results. Gives me a lot more ideas and options than I can think of on my own. I tend to cook a lot of the same things over and over. Need new ideas and inspirations for things I already have stockpiled. I am trying not to buy anything until Aug 3rd. I do have money if the need arises but it is fun trying to see what I can make with what I already have.

Keeping all of those in need for their various concerns in my thoughts and prayers.
Janet Alliesmama
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Update:

Made my pizza...I did add chopped pepperoni...it was good and I will have it until it is gone.

Just found out they had to move my camper to higher ground...creek coming out of it's banks and you can't fight high water! I heard they had to move 3 campers in all.

It will be put back into place when it stops raining so much and the creek goes down. It is called a creek but is deep enough in places to swim and fish.

The sun finally came out for a bit this afternoon. But more rain predicted for the weekend....

JCKitty
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

√ by alliesmama4 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:19 pm

Maggie good to hear you are having a nice vacation. Enjoy you have earned it.

Floridacat good to hear you had a restful sleep and Pippi is tolerating her new powder well.

Jackie take a break. You sound like my Mom if she did not have herself going every 10 min doing something she had to find something to do. It is not a crime to take a break, a nap, or sit and watch the clouds go by. Just my 2 cents.

MJ Opal sounds so cute.

Kitty your weather sounds the same as ours. Getting really old..

Penny not sure how much you need for your projects but when I need a tiny print for my miniatures I got to Goodwill or Salvation Army and look in their baby section and find the tiny prints I am looking for. They do not cost that much compared to fabric. However if you need a lot then that is a different story.

Nothing going on here. We are having monsoon rain off and on. I am really loving the new weather app on my computer. I was going to take Teddi out to potty but it was pouring down. I looked on the app and it said rain stopping in 30 min at 2:20 PM. I looked out the window at 2:22 PM no rain. The app said rain starting at 2:38 PM. So we scurried out and in and the rain started at just about the time stated. Amazing!

I am doing a lot of research online trying to find recipes to match up with food I have in the house. I love typing in ingredients I have looking forward to the results. Gives me a lot more ideas and options than I can think of on my own. I tend to cook a lot of the same things over and over. Need new ideas and inspirations for things I already have stockpiled. I am trying not to buy anything until Aug 3rd. I do have money if the need arises but it is fun trying to see what I can make with what I already have.

Keeping all of those in need for their various concerns in my thoughts and prayers.
Janet Alliesmama
Going to Good Will and the salvation Army is out since I no longer drive. So far I have found what I need in fat quarters.

Plus I have a bin of doll making supplies for 3" tall dolls. I have several pieces of small prints.

Penny