Daily Check In July 17, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Mrscreative

Re: Daily Check In July 17, 2021

Post by Mrscreative »

Good morning/early afternoon beautiful people,

It’s going to be another very hot day with a high of 32 C or 89.6 F with an even higher humidex. So I went for my walk early and have already put in my 10 000 steps. After the walk came the watering of the pots and garden. It’s been about two weeks so the lawn is getting parched. We had sprinklers going on in both the front and back yards. Dh had done some dandelion detail so I picked up the uprooted plants and disposed of them in a plastic bag pronto! That way they won’t go to seed. Our garden, flowers and yard sure keep us busy!

I just came in from outside and put on a load of laundry (dish cloths and tea towels). Now finally sitting down, catching up with the forum and feeling pooped! Before I know it, it will be time to prepare lunch.

Many restrictions in our province have been lifted and you can now dine inside, gyms and movie theatres open. Still a mask mandate though. I did some in-store clothing shopping yesterday and found a nice new sun hat and two tops. We haven’t had any new cases of the virus in over a week and are now down to one active case. I sure hope it stays that way!

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Creative
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

A quiet morning, my H-E-B order was delivered. I put away the perishable foods. I still have some cereal and baking soda to put away.

Yesterday while at Walmart I bought sone fabric, I washed it all last night. I was able to find the tiny red gingham I wanted, I plan on making Tiny Gingham Scotty dogs as Christmas presents this year. Tree ornament size.

I was so tied last night I went to bed before 9 pm. I slept until 7 am.

Dinner today will be my treat meal of the week steak and an ear of corn.

I also bought a square of carrot cake.

Penny
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

itspennyc wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:13 pm A quiet morning, my H-E-B order was delivered. I put away the perishable foods. I still have some cereal and baking soda to put away.

Yesterday while at Walmart I bought sone fabric, I washed it all last night. I was able to find the tiny red gingham I wanted, I plan on making Tiny Gingham Scotty dogs as Christmas presents this year. Tree ornament size.

I was so tied last night I went to bed before 9 pm. I slept until 7 am.

Dinner today will be my treat meal of the week steak and an ear of corn.

I also bought a square of carrot cake.

Penny
Penny your Scotty dogs and red gingham sound adorable.. Will you be doing a tiny knit dog?
Janet Alliesmama
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

It started storming so I put myself down for a cozy nap - about three hours ago. I needed the sleep. Have a text from my boss - she is home - thank goodness. I am over the dog duty for awhile.

I might dial up a movie in a few minutes - I need a relaxing day. My dogs are more content on rainy days, more low-key, so that is nice. Who am I kidding? I know I will do some sort of "chores" today - whether it be cooking or some cleaning - but that's okay too.

The rain continues...we need it, it has been raining off and on all week but has been blistering hot.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Just dropped in to say hi.

I miss you guys but I lead such a dull life, I can't see writing the same thing day after day after day. I read, I play on the computer, I'm trying to learn Spanish, I'm exercising, watching tv, yada, yada, yada.

One day I will come up with something that won't cause "an issue" so that I can visit again on a daily basis. But until I do . . .

Be good and stay cool.

Logics
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Hi, Logics. Good to see you again.

Penny, your Christmas gifts sound adorable.

We are home from the grocery store. I have started back wearing a mask to the stores, even though I am fully vaccinated, because there are already reports of the Delta variant infecting vaccinated people here.

We spent $123, which was high because we bought paper goods, some pet treats, a huge bulk refill bottle of window cleaner, and I accidentally misread the price and bought Rainer cherries at $7.99 a pound. Only one pound, but still! I thought they were $2.99 a pound, so it could have been worse.

I did find some Healthy Choice wraps in the freezer section that were marked way down as discontinued items and bought enough for my lunches this week. Every now and then I need a break from thinking up meals.

Hope you all have a peaceful day.
Mackie