Daily Check In July 17, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In July 17, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Just to start us off. Getting more coffee.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In July 17, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Didn't really do much at all yesterday. Putzed around the the house and tried to stay cool. I did go for my daily walk in the morning and a shortened one in the evening. In fact I am going to have to get moving very soon if I want to beat the heat for today. It is almost 7 and I am not even dressed to go yet.

My friend is heading to Ontario and Quebec today. She and her husband are driving the entire way. I have a feeling that they may regret that choice by the time they reach their son's place. I will be looking after their yard and house while they are gone. The husband said something really strange, which I am not going to dwell on....though it probably will bother me the entire time they are gone.

Today will be another day of not doing too much. I do have some small canning jars that need cleaning, and will be gathering supplies to possibly make mint jelly tomorrow (need to pick the mint last thing).

Continuing the folding, donating and tidying of the sewing/craft room. I hope to get room for a few more items today. I also found the prayer shawls that need to be taken to the church next week.

Supper tonight will be the leftover pizza, and there is one sausage and some trout left (that is if Hubby doesn't decide to eat one of those). I have kale picked so will make a salad to go along with whatever we have.

Today I know I will be grateful for air conditioning once again.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Good Saturday Morning! Hope had me up in the 4:00 hour and I managed some more sleep after taking her out, then she woke me again at 6:19. I've walked to my boss's house and done the morning routine with her dogs. Came home and am enjoying a "kitchen sink smoothie" - I put in o.j., almond milk, frozen banana, frozen cherry ice pop, 1/4 cup of oats and a scoop of oatmeal cookie flavored protein powder - oh, and some blueberry yogurt. It's really good!

No plans for the day. I have some reading to do for my book club and just "maintenance cleaning" around the house, maybe some meal prep for next week.

Jackie, I hope your friend didn't say anything too upsetting - sometimes people say strange things for no reason and it can sure get our wheels turning!

On the way back from my boss's house, I saw them setting up the Farmer's Market. I may walk back to that after awhile. Everyone have a good, safe weekend.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning everyone. Nothing going on here other than puttering and cooking. We are hopefully going to get a break from the rain this week-end. Right now is is 71 and overcast.

I spent more down time yesterday. I had to stretch out on my bed to relax the pain in my back. I need back surgery but due to the pandemic not going to happen for a long time. I will have to have surgery in St. Louis, MO and right now MO is in a severe uptick with covid and they are moving people in from other areas to St. Louis because the smaller rural hospitals cannot handle the amount of people with covid. I wish people would do the right thing and get their vaccination. Not much else going on here.

Have a good and frugal day everyone.
Janet Alliesmama
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

Penny, I saw a commentator on TV last night wearing what looked like a blue gingham shirt. I’ve always loved gingham and I’m glad it is back in style.

I slept fairly well last night. Today I plan to stay home unless I go to Publix.

Last night I got a box of my uncle’s paperwork from my closet. I haven’t opened it yet but I’m finally ready to go through it. I’m hoping that at least some of it can be discarded without shredding. I have another smaller box I’ve labeled his personal items. I’ll go through that at some point.

My cousin had surgery on Wednesday for a shoulder tear. He has to wear a sling for six weeks. Luckily it is his left side and he is right handed. But he is already going stir crazy and says he can only read so much. (I think he has to stay away from yard work.) So to keep him occupied, this morning I ordered, what else, a jigsaw puzzle. I found one 550 pieces of the New England Patriots so I hope he enjoys it.

Our Governor DeSantis is making a trip to the Texas-Mexico border. Either Florida plans to annex Texas or the presidential campaign 2024 has begun. 😳

Have a good day.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,

I slept okay, but woke up to yet more rain. Still debating over doing the floor cleaning....I can't seem to make up my mind about a lot of stuff these days. :roll:

I have DD's dog...she stayed with a friend last night and I really didn't want to have to go to dads several times so she brought him here . He pooped the floor last night! and not on the pads I had down for him. This is how he shows he is not happy.

I guess the mowing will be put off once again....maybe Monday evening.
More later if anything comes to mind.
JCKitty