Biggest Leak in Your Budget?

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
HappyDaze

Re: Biggest Leak in Your Budget?

Post by HappyDaze »

jckitty wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:51 pm Sheila,
My Dd that lives in my other house (dads) is the same way! My electric bill runs about 1/2 of hers and she is at work all day! I am home and usually have either the TV or music on.
She also leaves her AC turned low for the "comfort" of her dog and cats..... :roll:

JCKitty
JCKitty, I can't stand it!!! Same here - her dog and cat "need a light on" - WHAT??? When she went away for a few days with the dog, she left a light on for the cat - I went into her rooms and turned it off, turning it back on a few minutes before she came home. She won't open her windows at night to let cool air in - "somebody will break in" - well, I've been here almost 7 years with all windows open all the time from April to November, and nobody has attempted to break in.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Like some of you I am dreading our power bill this month (we usually get 2 estimates and the third month a reading). I am also dreading the water bill as it has been so dry and hot. We are using city water a bit more this summer, since running out of rain water last year. That is used when we fertilize plants and on the trees.

This could be an expensive summer.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

DS leaves the house with the lights and both fans in his room on. He also showers multiple times a day. It makes me want to holler.
Mackie