Biggest Leak in Your Budget?

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Biggest Leak in Your Budget?

Post by alliesmama4 »

Teddi's Vet bills!

My property taxes are $3,487.00 and if I had not been able to freeze them when I turned 65 they would be $6,000+ right now. Also home insurance. I have looked in to getting an apartment and/or a smaller house. There is no way I can move from here. My current cost for taxes and insurance come to $4,843.00. That comes out to about $404.00 a month. There is no where else to live at that price in the state of IL. Even with that low monthly expense it is a struggle due to my basic income is from Sos Sec. There is always the upkeep to think about but at the same time it is much cheaper to live here. My brother pays a neighbor to cut my grass which is a blessing otherwise I do not know how I would manage.

This past year the extra cost to get my car repaired for a lot of different things also was unexpected and wiped out a lot of my stimulus money that I had planned on saving for emergencies. Still things could be worse and they have been in the past.
Janet Alliesmama
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

The biggest leak in my budget has been "gifting" and that ended with the last check I wrote yesterday. YIPPEE
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

itspennyc wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:01 pm
Plus I do spend more on the Mootopia milk. I is $3.98 a half gallon, but it has a much longer refrigerator shelf life. Plus extra protein and calcium.

Penny

I misread this half gallon vs gallon and my comment no longer applied.
Beverley

Post by Beverley »

Mine has been grazing food, i e junk type food I nibble on. I just got my A1C trst results and it is 8.4. My fasting glucose this morning was 214. Yikes! Time to reign in that luxury! I have plenty of healthy foods to eat. I do eat them but I guess my grazing is outdoing my healthy foods :(

Bev
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Beverley wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:21 pm Mine has been grazing food, i e junk type food I nibble on. I just got my A1C trst results and it is 8.4. My fasting glucose this morning was 214. Yikes! Time to reign in that luxury! I have plenty of healthy foods to eat. I do eat them but I guess my grazing is outdoing my healthy foods :(

Bev
Bev I do hope you can get your A1c under control.
Janet Alliesmama
Beverley

Post by Beverley »

Thanks Janet, I am working on it. I have been suffering from dibilitating fatigue off and on. From what I understand it is a diabetic symptom. I have a phone appointment with my diabetic coach on Wednesday. I need to collect fasting glucose readings for it. I am ready to get back on the wagon, a quality of life with fatigue sucks. I need to and want to do things.

Bev