Daily Check In July 18, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In July 18, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Off to get coffee. Back soon.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In July 18, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I am back, coffee in hand, slight headache, and lots of back pain. Nothing worse than sleeping hard in the wrong position. The coffee will help with the headache and I think a good stretch of the back muscles will help with the back pain. If not there is always a heating pad...and alternatively ice.

I will forego my long walk today, instead I will head over to my friends (a shorter walk) and water her plants. They left for a visit with their son on Saturday morning. Considering the heat, some will definitely need watering today (the upside down hangers especially). Hubby plans on finishing watering the veggie garden at some point today. He only has the lettuce, potatoes, and cukes left to do. I keep looking at the scarlet runner beans and not seeing any beans starting. Lots of flowers, but no fruit so far. I am beginning to think I may just have bought the wrong type of bean this year.

I am going to have another fairly easy day today. I plan on making my to do list for next week, going over my menu plans, doing some more decluttering of the sewing/craft room, working in some ends on my knitting, and perhaps talking Hubby into going for a drive this evening when it cools off slightly.

Of course I will be working on some projects, and getting ready for the beginning of a new afternoon project come the beginning of the week. The cross stitch will be put aside for a bit and I think I may work on the t-shirt rag rug for a bit.

Supper tonight will be a roast beef (air conditioner will probably need to work overtime during the preparation), roasted potatoes and roasted carrots. There will also be kale salad to serve along side.

Today I am grateful for the advances of medicine over the past 50 years. Now if we could only discover a cure for cancer....

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

I am up early!! Went to bed early last night for the first time in quite a while

I was exhausted. Spent the morning at the food bank distribution. All that carrying and loading of produce (our section) wore me out. Came home after picking up some brisket and sausage sandwiches for lunch. took a hot shower and that was basically it for the day.

I fell asleep about ten! Slept well and decided to go ahead and get up. Start a new routine.

Have had my first cup of coffee. Hope all have a great day.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning friends.

I slept moderately well last night. I got up with Pippi at 6. She is looking intently out the glass door right now. Makes my heart feel good that she is still interested in the world.

With the Covid increase here, I’ve decided to go to Publix less often. I’ll go tomorrow morning and stock up more than usual.

I’ll finish going through my uncle’s paperwork today. Then I’m thinking of starting a new puzzle.

I got good news about my friend’s wife who has been hospitalized for almost three months. She is home.

Have a good day.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning. Everyone.

Welcome home Maggie. Glad you had a lovely vacation with your son and a nice family reunion.

Clem Kudos to you for your volunteer work.

Nothing much going on here. Had a long talk on speaker phone with my DB and DSIL yesterday. He wants to get together in the near future so that we can start to write down important family information and memories to pass on to the younger generations. We are both in our 70's and the oldest generation. We have a lot to leave behind for them but it is not written down. We actually have 6 books that were written by two our third cousins. They did genealogy on our mother's side of the family that goes back to our first relatives arriving in the new world in the 16th century. Some of them were the founders of Richmond, Virginia. Fascinating. However my Dad's family was from Wales and we need to write down the few details we have of them. I have been back to the village where my grandfather came from in Wales but with the last name of Jones hard to find anyone. Also during WWII they sent a letter they were moving to Manchester, England due to the bombing where they lived. Have not heard from them since. Sad I would have loved to have found someone from the original family.

Today I will just be cooking ahead. Found a good recipe for Salisbury steak to make in my air fryer. Also plan on making hummus. I have a ton of canned chickpeas I bought a while back it was BOGO. I try to keep the basics like tahini and sesame seeds on hand. I was lucky enough to find the brand of tahini sauce I love at a grocery store in the town where I go to see my NP. I used to have to go to an ethnic grocery store in St. Louis to find it. While looking for menu ideas I have found a lot of recipes for beans. I do have a nice supply of them so will be trying to make more bean based meals.

Have a good and frugal day everyone.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

floridacatlover wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:36 am Good morning friends.

I slept moderately well last night. I got up with Pippi at 6. She is looking intently out the glass door right now. Makes my heart feel good that she is still interested in the world.

With the Covid increase here, I’ve decided to go to Publix less often. I’ll go tomorrow morning and stock up more than usual.

I’ll finish going through my uncle’s paperwork today. Then I’m thinking of starting a new puzzle.

I got good news about my friend’s wife who has been hospitalized for almost three months. She is home.

Have a good day.
Good to hear Pippi is still interested in her world. A good sign.

I must have missed reading about your friends wife. Did she have covid.

I think you are wise to try to stay out of the stores as much as possible. I am concerned about what is down the road with food supply and covid. Will there be more shortages as the country seems to be heading back in to more people coming down with it again.
Janet Alliesmama