Daily Check In July 18, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check In July 18, 2021

Post by floridacatlover »

alliesmama4 wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:43 am Good to hear Pippi is still interested in her world. A good sign.

I must have missed reading about your friends wife. Did she have covid.

I think you are wise to try to stay out of the stores as much as possible. I am concerned about what is down the road with food supply and covid. Will there be more shortages as the country seems to be heading back in to more people coming down with it again.
My friend’s wife did not have Covid. When she had heart valve replacement surgery, the surgeon damaged the phrenic nerve, which controls breathing. She was on a ventilator for 85 days. I know that her heart has been damaged during this whole ordeal but I don’t know the specifics. My friend has been very circumspect about the details. I’m not sure she is completely out of the woods but my friend posted a video of them arriving home. The wife looked good but was just seated in the car. I, and many others, have been praying for her but honestly I wondered if she’d survive. She is only 50.

Yes, I’m going to be more careful about going places, especially inside. To me it seems that by giving out so little information, Florida is trying to pretend this is all over.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I had a good night last night. I woke up rested this morning.

Breakfast was oatmeal with blueberries. I need to work on putting stuff away this morning. I have a pile of sorting to do. As everything is all mixed up. I have sewing mixed up with knitting.

I also need to double check stuffing and sew the bunny and brontosaurus closed. Then they will be finished.

Penny
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,
I, too slept well last night. No DS snoring to wake me up.

I am afraid I need to take my car in. There are some intermittent electrical issues. It is a push-button start where you step on the brake and press the button. The Brake pedal is kicking back. Also, sometimes the power liftgate will not close via the button. Weird.

I have my last load of laundry in the washer. I have texted DS1 & DDIL to see if we can get together.

Have a great day,
Maggie
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Greetings and good morning! Woke up early to heavy rain and now the sun is out. It is considerably cooler today - a welcome relief from the intense heat we have been having.

I have had a "spa morning" - facial, deep conditioning my hair, doing my nails, etc. Like Janet, I will be doing some cooking ahead today, I just don't know exactly what yet. I need to use up some "rescued produce" that I bought on the cheap - it's not a bargain if you let it go bad.

That's about it, there is nothing exciting going on around here - but that's a good thing. Hope you all have a good Sunday.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,

I too slept like a brick!!! Have been up and watched my Sunday morning shows.
We are going to a baby shower early afternoon. I am giving cash because no idea what type of diapers will work for the new baby.

It is sunny today! We may be going into a drying out period. On my Sunday morning show there was a piece about the severe drought out west....I have to say I really had no idea about how serious it really was. Or how important the snow pack in the mountains really is. I have always believed in global warming but this piece really brought it home to me.

I need to get ready for the shower, have a good day all.
JCKitty
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

floridacatlover wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:17 am My friend’s wife did not have Covid. When she had heart valve replacement surgery, the surgeon damaged the phrenic nerve, which controls breathing. She was on a ventilator for 85 days. I know that her heart has been damaged during this whole ordeal but I don’t know the specifics. My friend has been very circumspect about the details. I’m not sure she is completely out of the woods but my friend posted a video of them arriving home. The wife looked good but was just seated in the car. I, and many others, have been praying for her but honestly I wondered if she’d survive. She is only 50.

Yes, I’m going to be more careful about going places, especially inside. To me it seems that by giving out so little information, Florida is trying to pretend this is all over.

Sorry to hear about your DF wife. I hope she will be able to get stronger every day.
Janet Alliesmama