Daily Check In July 19, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LogicsHere

Re: Daily Check In July 19, 2021

Post by LogicsHere »

I'm sitting here trying to think of what I want to do next which will probably be to read a bit or maybe look up some WW recipes.

I'm just a little bit annoyed right now because my sister starts talking about her not being sure she'll find a place and that she's disappointed because she just can't move up here right into her own apartment. I try to cheer her up by saying "things will work out" or "things are going to get better" and then she comes back with what if they don't, what if I can't find my own place or I don't want to get over anxious. How can I say things will get better. GRRRRRRRRRRR What I really want to say to her is who's fault is it that she's in the position she's in, but I'm not a vindictive person and won't add to her hurt. She's had to give up everything she owns except for her clothes, a tv and her car. But here I'm trying to get her to look at things in a positive way and she continues to play "victim". I don't think she'll ever change because I don't believe she wants to. After all, what would she do if she had nothing to complain about. When she comes up here I might find it necessary to tell her that unless she stops playing victim, she will never have what she wants because she can't get out of the way of her negative attitude.

Oh well, I'm afraid it's going to be a couple of long hard years until she gets a place. I'm going to have to keep my headset on to make her think I'm busy most of the time.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Have I mentioned to y'all that I hate summer??

Other than that still here. I went to the library this afternoon so I could concentrate on some things I was reading. All these fur brats makes it hard

Or so I thought.

It was so weird being in there - too quiet. Guess will stick to my noisy pups!!

The COD told me to wake him up so he could mow the lawn. Why he wants to do it - who knows. It really needs it.

At least it is a riding mower. he can be stubborn.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

icfrugal1 wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:50 pm I LOVE that you are listening to your body, and understanding what you can and can't do.

Love your brother !!!

IC
IC he is the best brother. He would do more for me but I insist on doing my own thing. I like the challenge and the sense of accomplishment.

It has taken me a long time to realize I need to listen to my body and do things differently.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

LogicsHere wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:09 pm I'm sitting here trying to think of what I want to do next which will probably be to read a bit or maybe look up some WW recipes.

I'm just a little bit annoyed right now because my sister starts talking about her not being sure she'll find a place and that she's disappointed because she just can't move up here right into her own apartment. I try to cheer her up by saying "things will work out" or "things are going to get better" and then she comes back with what if they don't, what if I can't find my own place or I don't want to get over anxious. How can I say things will get better. GRRRRRRRRRRR What I really want to say to her is who's fault is it that she's in the position she's in, but I'm not a vindictive person and won't add to her hurt. She's had to give up everything she owns except for her clothes, a tv and her car. But here I'm trying to get her to look at things in a positive way and she continues to play "victim". I don't think she'll ever change because I don't believe she wants to. After all, what would she do if she had nothing to complain about. When she comes up here I might find it necessary to tell her that unless she stops playing victim, she will never have what she wants because she can't get out of the way of her negative attitude.

Oh well, I'm afraid it's going to be a couple of long hard years until she gets a place. I'm going to have to keep my headset on to make her think I'm busy most of the time.
Logics I feel sorry for you. Some people thrive on being the victim. They never change. I have someone in my family like that. We have knocked ourselves out over the years helping her and she still moans and groans. You are a good sister for what all you have done for her in the past, and what you are currently doing, as well as what you will be doing for her in the future. Good luck. ((hug)).
Janet Alliesmama