Daily Check In July 19, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Grannysewstoys

Re: Daily Check In July 19, 2021

Post by Grannysewstoys »

by alliesmama4 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:55 am

itspennyc wrote: ↑Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:46 am
I slept pretty well last night, I woke up just before 6 am.

I have no big plans for the day. I do hope to do more decluttering and some sewing. I also want to copy the elephant and the giraffe on my quilt.

Penny
Penny good to hear you have been sleeping well the last couple of nights. Sleep is so important..

I love how you are always being so creative with your crafting.
Janet Alliesmama
I love the idea of getting presents and entertainment at the same time. I have more than once made only one or two and not made any more. When the project turned out to be frustrating to make.

Penny
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Update:
Did the recycle run, gas for mowers and then went to the feedstore for feed and bedding.

Feed is up 3 per bag and the bedding is up 3 a bag and you get half as much as before. Frustrating but what can you do.
I was the only one masked...again but I did see people using the hand sanitizer as they went in.

Stopped at dads and got meat from my freezer there. Home now and hopefully not going anywhere else.
I might make chicken alfredo pasta for supper. I am thinking about adding some spinach and peppers to it.

Salad and garlic bread may be served also.

JCKitty
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

itspennyc wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:42 pm I love the idea of getting presents and entertainment at the same time. I have more than once made only one or two and not made any more. When the project turned out to be frustrating to make.

Penny
Penny that is a great way to look at your crafting..
Janet Alliesmama
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

alliesmama4 wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:31 pm Wish I could send rain to those of you that would like some. We are in a dry spell finally. The rain and storms might hold off until the week-end. So much needs to be done outside. Due to the constant rain and storms the weeds are rampant. I want to wait another day or two before I start to tackle them. The ground is so spongy. Our current temp is (73 F) (22.7 C) and going to gradually go up to around ( 86 F) ( 30. C).

I have sheets and pillow cases hanging on the clothesline in the garage. There is a pork roast in the countertop cooker for Teddi. Folded some laundry that I did yesterday that was on drying racks. Not much else going on here other than the usual puttering.

Yesterday I had to make an early evening curbside pickup from Walmart. Initially I had planned on going there to just buy a couple of small pork roasts for Teddi but the energy involved to do so was gone by late morning. It requires a lot of walking from the parking lot in to the store. Then the meat counter is another long walk and then check out. I was able to get a time slot for early evening which was great. The food I bought was all free ( $39.94) because the money I cashed in from various survey spots was leftover from when I planned to buy a TV from a friend. However her DGD decided to keep it since she can get ROKU on it and she does not have cable. So she is going to sell me her bigger screen TV for $25.00. So a lot of the money earmarked for the TV has been used for food. Free TV and free food cannot beat that. Doing the surveys is a pain and so overwhelming at time but when you see rewards like free food and TV it makes it more tolerable. All of the food I have bought this month from two different stores has been free.

Forgot to mention my brother called and told me he wanted to help me out with getting my plane ticket to Mexico. He feels we should get our tickets now before the seats fill up. He knows I like to pay my own way and told him I would let him help me only if he would allow me to repay him later. He said ok. At least the stress is off to try to scrape the money together by Dec. I know my brother will tell me he doe not need the money but I will tell him I need to pay you back. Then he will agree. I know for a fact that he is helping other people and he will put the money to good use elsewhere. We will be flying Southwest and we can cancel our flight up until 10 min before take off and not loose our money and can get another ticket up to a year later. Right now with the pandemic uptick who knows what it will be like when we take our vacation in Mexico next year.

Have a good and frugal day everyone.
I LOVE that you are listening to your body, and understanding what you can and can't do.

Love your brother !!!

IC
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

Had my 2 sisters over yesterday, first time really having people over since Covid19.

we normally have a pool party or two every year, so I'm thinking 2022 at this point

It was so nice to them over.

my sisters and I have been trying to see each other once a month for the past few years, of course that fell off last year.

LOL, my younger sister told me that DH looked so much better then when she saw him last month, I realized it was because he has shaved LOL

I told him that I'm hoping that he will shave more often it should make him feel better.

IC
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Update:

Well my chicken alfredo pasta became chicken tetrazzini after checking the fridge for stuff that needed used up... it smells divine and I am glad I was able to use little amounts of stuff and get it out of the fridge.
I was going to use a jar of alfredo sauce but had bits of cheeses that needed used. I just made my own sauce with milk, butter, flour, and cheeses. a pinch of nutmeg and a half a container of sour cream... It smells so good.

This is why I can't be depended on to follow a menu plan LOL. Still planning the salad though...so there's that at least.

Might read and relax after cleaning up my mess...
JCKitty