Daily Check In July 19, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In July 19, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Up getting coffee, just starting us off. Back soon.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check In July 19, 2021

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,
I just made an appointment to get my car's oil changed and the tires rotated. Glad to have one more day off work. I have not even ventured to read my email yet. Otherwise all is good here.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

We are still in our heatwave here in my province. Instead of cooling down, it is just getting warmer. Yesterday we reached 38 C with the humidex added in. Today is supposed to be warmer yet and if the morning temperature is anything to go by that will easily happen as we are already past what we were at this time yesterday. Our power bill is going to be horrendous this month.

Had a short visit with my old neighbour. She dropped off some zucchini from her daughter's garden. I got two (and will take more if necessary). We had a lovely visit. I hope to get over and see her condo apartment very soon. She misses our conversations over the fence.

Frugally this Monday will be like all others so far this summer. Washing out on the lines, meals made from scratch (which is the norm), using up, wearing out, and doing without (well we are well stocked and don't do without very often) ;) . I do need to bake some bread today as well. My last bought loaf is done and bread will be needed for Hubby's lunch.

I will be putting away the cross stitch and working on doing some of the t-shirt rag rug this week. Today I will draw out the design, a pretty simple one as I have never done this type of thing before and perhaps get some of the pieces in. I am thinking simple circles of different sizes would be easy to start with. This rug will be 30" wide by 60" long so it may take awhile to finish. I am not sure if I have enough strips of fabric either. So I will see how far I can get on this project in a week.

My walks will mostly take place inside now, at least until the weather begins to cool off. I find it too hot to even walk into the back yard for any length of time. Today I will be spending a small amount of time hanging things to dry, watering my plants and my friends plants, and I will be picking some more lettuce for salads (should really be using up the kale I picked). I need to cut down some of the herbs as well. The mint is going wild again and the sage isn't much better.

Supper tonight is chicken breasts done in some manner, just not too sure in what manner, salad, and probably rice. I could pull out the ingredients for Butter Chicken, or perhaps another on the top of the stove meals.

Today I am grateful that while my life is mostly wash and rinse and repeat here on the old homestead, it is still a life full of enjoyment.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Raining again here in Tennessee. It has rained so much that fine grass or moss is growing in the little surface cracks of the main road into the city that I take to work: it's that cool and damp. It's odd to see the little green lines snaking over the pavement.

Saturday DH took me to Joann Fabrics to use a gift card. I had not been during the entire pandemic and was shocked at the jump in prices. Remnants, which are my secret weapon for cost-saving, cost as much as the fabric did uncut on the bolt pre-pandemic. I have not had to buy much thread in years, due to being gifted boxes of it by a neighbor who could not sew but inherited her mother and grandmother's sewing stash. The price per spool now made me say ouch.

Our fridge seems to have a mystery leak at the ice maker, as there's a thin sheet of ice on the floor of the freezer compartment. Everything is working, so I am just going to keep shuffling containers around so nothing gets stuck to the floor until we can work out a time to get it looked at.

Hope everyone has a peaceful day.
Mackie
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I slept pretty well last night, I woke up just before 6 am.

I have no big plans for the day. I do hope to do more decluttering and some sewing. I also want to copy the elephant and the giraffe on my quilt.

Penny
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good morning beautiful people,

I have already watered the plants and returned from picking up my Walmart order and put the groceries away. The air quality outside is terrible with forest fire smoke, so I plan to remain inside today. It’s also another very hot day. We may possibly get some rain this afternoon and evening, and it’s desperately needed. Like Jackie, I think I will do my walking inside on the treadmill.

I am going to devote today to completing some housework, mainly vacuuming and possibly deep cleaning one bathroom. Otherwise will relax with tv and reading.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Creative