How Are You Combating The Rising Cost of Living

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Grannysewstoys

Re: How Are You Combating The Rising Cost of Living

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I can't really combat the rising cost of living. I have to readjust my spending. Food has really gone up locally. I do my best to eat healthy. Esp., having to use delivery.

But my shopper helper is back so hopefully my food costs will go down. I buy mostly store brands, but there are some items I want the brand name. I have tried the store brand. I want name brand most for laundry detergent, cereal, and cookies.

Milk is store brand, as is butter. I do spend more in produce than many people do.

Currently most weeks I don't buy eggs as my shopping helper gives me eggs. So when her hens are laying I get a dozen eggs.

Penny
ChristmasTrees

Re: How Are You Combating The Rising Cost of Living

Post by ChristmasTrees »

I am mostly doing big stock up shops..very infrequently. I keep a really detailed list so I don't forget anything.
That saves gas and wear on my truck.
We mostly just stay home..we love where we live. Rarely eat out. Our big county fair will be open this year..we always take our granddaughters. Certainly NOT doing that! That will save a big chunk of money. I think my days of being in big crowds is over forever.