We can go to Canada again!

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: We can go to Canada again!

Post by Jackielou »

Hubby says he read a list of vaccines approved to allow entry into Canada and one is the J&J. There are only 4 vaccines that we will accept.

NY could have a problem as most people in Britain got the Astra Zeneca. Our oldest and youngest mixed their vaccines. Oldest got one AZ and the second was Pfizer, youngest had Pfizer and then Moderna.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

Sandy wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:12 pm https://thehill.com/policy/international/563719-canada-to-ease-border-restrictions-on-vaccinated-americans-starting-aug?userid=312910
Do you go often (or did you, in the "before times")?

I've only been to Toronto and Mississauga for business and to visit friends, respectively, but while my employer currently has a machine being built in Ontario, I'm not going up there for the test runs. Too much going on here in the way of the Delta variant and my traveling for work days are behind me :)

I'd like to go to BC (DD has a friend there who says there's currently a lot of smoke from nearby fires) when things calm down; there's an area popular with mountain bikers that a few of us here want to visit.
jgomez1002

Post by jgomez1002 »

I'm excited! DH and I go to Canada fairly often. Well, a couple of times a year i normal times. We live in Maine; Quebec and New Brunswick are in our back yard. Nova Scotia isn't that far, either. Several of our neighbors have family in Canada. Maine is very connected to Quebec and the Maritimes.

Regards,
JGomez
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Delete
Last edited by floridacatlover on Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

floridacatlover wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:12 am The U.S. has been complaining for months - or really a year - about the Canadian border. But just as Canada has decided to open to Americans, the U.S. says it will keep its land border closed for another month - at least. Crazy!
I did mention such in one of my previous posts. Over the past oh say 40 years since I have lived 9 miles from the border (or less), I have learned that in the case of the United States Government it is more of a do as I say and I will do exactly what I want in return kind of thing.

I bet it won't be open in a month either. What is so stupid is we can fly in but can't drive 9 miles and cross by land. This is just hurting those places just across the border that Canadians used to shop at.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Jackielou wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:19 am I did mention such in one of my previous posts. Over the past oh say 40 years since I have lived 9 miles from the border (or less), I have learned that in the case of the United States Government it is more of a do as I say and I will do exactly what I want in return kind of thing.

I bet it won't be open in a month either. What is so stupid is we can fly in but can't drive 9 miles and cross by land. This is just hurting those places just across the border that Canadians used to shop at.
Delete
Last edited by floridacatlover on Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.