We can go to Canada again!

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: We can go to Canada again!

Post by Jackielou »

floridacatlover wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:26 am Yes, I saw your previous mention but the U.S. made this new decision just yesterday. I thought the U.S. would surely want to be in sync with Canada but No. Yes, crazy that the U.S. has allowed Canadian flights and we had Canadian tourists all winter.
I had read the decision before I posted...I think they had told the Canadian Government, who told the news agencies up here.

Our Prime Minister in his live telecast about the border opening when questioned about it said that while we can open our border, we can not make another county open theirs and we will not play tit for tat.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Jackielou wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:59 am Hubby says he read a list of vaccines approved to allow entry into Canada and one is the J&J. There are only 4 vaccines that we will accept.

NY could have a problem as most people in Britain got the Astra Zeneca. Our oldest and youngest mixed their vaccines. Oldest got one AZ and the second was Pfizer, youngest had Pfizer and then Moderna.
I'm confused, you mention NY and then talk about Britain? The vaccines NY has approved are Pfizer, Moderna and J&J as far as I know.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

LogicsHere wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:03 am I'm confused, you mention NY and then talk about Britain? The vaccines NY has approved are Pfizer, Moderna and J&J as far as I know.
Many here got a first and second shot of Astra Zeneca and in Britain pretty much everyone got Astra Zeneca. We in Canada did not approve the J&J vaccine. So there will be many from across the pond (I talk to various bloggers from there and each has had that vaccine) who will not be able to travel to the US.

What I meant was that NY stated about a month ago when Broadway shows opened that anyone who had the Astra Zeneca vaccine would not be admitted to the shows. They also stated no one with that vaccine would be allowed to attend any inside event in the city.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Jackielou wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:45 am Many here got a first and second shot of Astra Zeneca and in Britain pretty much everyone got Astra Zeneca. We in Canada did not approve the J&J vaccine. So there will be many from across the pond (I talk to various bloggers from there and each has had that vaccine) who will not be able to travel to the US.

What I meant was that NY stated about a month ago when Broadway shows opened that anyone who had the Astra Zeneca vaccine would not be admitted to the shows. They also stated no one with that vaccine would be allowed to attend any inside event in the city.
Thanks for the clarification.
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

I'm thinking the way Jackie is thinking about the border being open. I know many people are wanting to get to either side of the border but with Alabama having less than 40% of people having even one vaccine, I"m not so certain I want the anti-vaxxers and their faked ID cards trying to get across our border.

I read a small blurb of an article yesterday, the Delta variant is 83% of the cases in Missouri. Some cities won't accept people from Missouri in their venues. I can't see it better for Tennessee, Alabama, Florida, Arkansas or some of the other "Bible Belt" states with low vaccination rates in all or some certain sectors of society.

Personally? With the Delta variant having a huge transmissibility factor, and how many at the Olympics are proving out positive, I don't want the border opened from either side. We are still under some higher transmission rates here in Manitoba due to our own "Bible Belt" in the south central part of the province. They are most of the reason we had to go into CODE RED for two months. In areas? They have less than an 11% vaccination rate and the province is trying to get their churches on board to assist in getting the vaccine. Some will, some won't.

As an American/Canadian, I want desperately to see my beloved cousins in northern Minnesota. I'm not risking their health or mine by crossing that border with the high rates still going on. The reason they are doing this is because the Chambers of Commerce on both sides of the border have been putting lobbying pressure on the governments. I'd rather it be based on science.
Hope has a good imagination.