Daily Check in July 20, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in July 20, 2021

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning friends,
Bracing myself to log on to work and deal with my email. I am not looking forward to it.

I got up and walked this morning. I took more steps than ever in my 30 minutes.

All meals should be from home today. No real plans to go anywhere. I do have a 30% off coupon for Kohls. If I knew what sort of floors DS's new apartment would have, I'd consider buying him a vacuum with it.

Have a great day,
Maggie
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check in July 20, 2021

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

I didn’t sleep great last night. At 3 a.m. I thought I heard the doorbell. Even with my good hearing, I can’t hear the doorbell very well from my bedroom. Then a few hours later Pippi wanted her breakfast.

Pippi’s appointment is late morning so I can nap this afternoon. But I’m thinking of going to the library. (I plan to wear my mask even though it is no longer required.) I got a card in the mail for a free cone of ice cream at a new store very near the library.

Yesterday I didn’t get a lot done at mom’s house but I worked in the yard for about an hour, mainly on the bougainvillea. My cousin received the jigsaw puzzle I sent him and he sounded really pleased. He is nervous about the PT that starts today, less than a week since his shoulder surgery.

I was in our nearest beach community yesterday and could smell the dead fish from the red tide. I was surprised because I thought it mostly affected the Bay and not the Gulf. Yuck.

Have a good day.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning everyone. I am in the home stretch of getting everything removed from my e-mail account that is being deactivated July 31. I had over 3,000 e-mails in my trash that went all the way back to 2011. I had to go back and check to make sure nothing was important. If it was it was sent to my Gmail account. I will take my time going through all of it before I delete it forever. I am down to my last 45 e-mails. Nothing much going on here.

Yesterday Katie Owl said the temperature in her conservatory was 50 C. That is 122 F! They are not prepared for extreme heat where she lives. No A/C. The crazy weather we have been having around the world with either too much rain or not enough. Fires on the west coast are sad and scary. The flooding in Europe so sad.. I count my blessings where I am living.

Have a good and frugal day everyone.
Janet Alliesmama
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

floridacatlover wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:10 am Hello friends.

I didn’t sleep great last night. At 3 a.m. I thought I heard the doorbell. Even with my good hearing, I can’t hear the doorbell very well from my bedroom. Then a few hours later Pippi wanted her breakfast.

Pippi’s appointment is late morning so I can nap this afternoon. But I’m thinking of going to the library. (I plan to wear my mask even though it is no longer required.) I got a card in the mail for a free cone of ice cream at a new store very near the library.

Yesterday I didn’t get a lot done at mom’s house but I worked in the yard for about an hour, mainly on the bougainvillea. My cousin received the jigsaw puzzle I sent him and he sounded really pleased. He is nervous about the PT that starts today, less than a week since his shoulder surgery.

I was in our nearest beach community yesterday and could smell the dead fish from the red tide. I was surprised because I thought it mostly affected the Bay and not the Gulf. Yuck.

Have a good day.
You have a rising case load of Covid again, yes? I would be wearing my mask constantly. I am still wearing mine as we have pockets of the unvaccinated which can carry the disease. Quite a few of us are.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

alliesmama4 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:48 am Good morning everyone. I am in the home stretch of getting everything removed from my e-mail account that is being deactivated July 31. I had over 3,000 e-mails in my trash that went all the way back to 2011. I had to go back and check to make sure nothing was important. If it was it was sent to my Gmail account. I will take my time going through all of it before I delete it forever. I am down to my last 45 e-mails. Nothing much going on here.

Yesterday Katie Owl said the temperature in her conservatory was 50 C. That is 122 F! They are not prepared for extreme heat where she lives. No A/C. The crazy weather we have been having around the world with either too much rain or not enough. Fires on the west coast are sad and scary. The flooding in Europe so sad.. I count my blessings where I am living.

Have a good and frugal day everyone.
When we lived in the mobile home with no air conditioning the temperature inside was always that high on those summer days that it reached the high 30's outside. One year it got so hot that when I came home from lazing at my MIL's house (with A/C) my taper candles had melted into a pool of wax on the diningroom table. The first couple of years in the house was the same...until Dad gave us a window air conditioner and we bought a second one for the front of the house.
Jackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

No storms rolled through last night, and while it looks pretty dark and dismal out the window the temperature is already 22 C or around 72 F and it is just after 7:30 am. Going to be another very warm day and another day that just might gift us with a bit of rain (keeping my fingers crossed).

Not much happening today, but I hope to get the little work I have around the house done early. I watched what I take to be the last season of Unforgotten on my Android box. Various Brit Bloggers had talked about a new season so I searched and found it. BritBox only had the first 3 seasons. Won't let the cat out of the bag but it was a shocker.

I will finish off a couple of series that I started watching today and tonight. I don't know why but once I start to watch something, even if it really does not interest me I have to keep watching until it is done. Might just be my slight case of OCD catching hold.

I have started the t-shirt rug, and man it is going to take forever to do!!. It didn't work the first way I tried so I am doing it another way. I should have bought a larger grid, but I don't think they make anything larger than what I got a couple of years ago (probably 5 years ago). Pretty sure this is going to take months of work to accomplish. I also have a feeling that I will need to get more scrap knit fabric, or cut apart more t-shirts as we declutter and toss well used clothing. Instead of circles I decided to use the grid to my advantage and will be fashioning squares. Not too sure if they will be different sizes as it takes a great deal to fill one small square, little lone two of them.

Frugal happenings for today are going for my morning walk shortly, using up those cut up t-shirt strips (though a few strips from various projects got in there as well), working with what I have in the pantry and fridge, and just plain keeping track of where the money is spent over the next few weeks. Really pretty much the same thing that happens each day on the old homestead. You guys must find me completely boring. I am so looking forward to our trip to the mountains in the early fall....Might just be the same place we always go, but the scenery is lovely, and it is so very peaceful. We also get to stop in and visit with eldest DS a couple of days. Icing on the cake.

Supper tonight is going to be something made with the leftover beef. I am thinking of thinly slicing it adding onions and perhaps some cooked beans, making a mustard type dressing and serving it over the leftover salad as a main dish (it is going to be another very warm day).

Today I am grateful for my aches and pains as it means I am still alive and kicking.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie