A gift for your future self

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: A gift for your future self

Post by MackerelCat »

That is such a cool idea, Florida Cat. I have an in box on the kitchen counter, but it gets totally out of hand by Friday.
Mackie
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

floridacatlover wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:04 pm https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B087Q7S58C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These are only cardboard but they keep paper off my kitchen counter.
Thank You, it took me a minuet, but now I understand.

Very interesting.

IC
ohjodi

Post by ohjodi »

floridacatlover wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:04 pm https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B087Q7S58C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These are only cardboard but they keep paper off my kitchen counter.
OMG you literally read my mind, TODAY. I stuck an imporant paper to the fridge, thought it looks a mess with all the others, and I need one of those wall pocket things for the fridge, zLOL
ohjodi
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

ohjodi wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:39 pm OMG you literally read my mind, TODAY. I stuck an imporant paper to the fridge, thought it looks a mess with all the others, and I need one of those wall pocket things for the fridge, zLOL
oh my gosh - i have a copy of my life insurance info stuck to the fridge for the COD just in case.

This would be much nicer!
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

I have had these pockets for several weeks and so far they are working great. (They are plastic. I don’t know why I thought they were cardboard.) I have them on the side of my refrigerator so as not to clutter the front. The end of my kitchen counter has always been my worst clutter spot.

I saw these on a video from “Living Better with Barb,” a lady near my age who has a YouTube channel that I’ve found most in sync with the way I live.

I had some $$ from my Amazon cc rewards so only paid about $4.50 for them.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

I've heard this called "doing something you will thank yourself for later." For me this mostly involves bulk cooking - it saves me so much time and money in the long run. On a larger scale, it would be putting bits of money away every chance I get. It really adds up and it's nice when the funds are there for an emergency.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz