A gift for your future self

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: A gift for your future self

Post by floridacatlover »

nbeaver wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:10 am I think all frugality is essentially a gift to my future self. By spending below my means, I am making the future better for myself (and those I love, which increases the gift to myself).
Not always. I look at my mom who scrimped and saved her whole life. It was too much.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I think of my weekend meal prep as a gift to my future self. It is so much more frugal and easy to grab my meals out of the freezer every morning. And it saves a ton of money over time.
Mackie
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

MackerelCat wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:31 am I think of my weekend meal prep as a gift to my future self. It is so much more frugal and easy to grab my meals out of the freezer every morning. And it saves a ton of money over time.
Trying to teach DD this one, for days when she is in her clinical training and gets half an hour for lunch in a place where the cafeteria prices are insane.
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

floridacatlover wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:24 am I have always cleaned my kitchen before bed, most times right after dinner. I do not want to wake up to dirty dishes or Pippi’s mess that she somehow leaves on the floor after she eats. My recent game changer has been refrigerator pockets so I no longer have and paper clutter on the end of my kitchen counter.

Another thing is that no matter what, I always make my bed. I cannot stand an unmade bed. A made bed makes the whole room look better.
"refrigerator pockets"???

IC
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Have absolutely no clue. Not sure I know how to give a gift to myself. Actually one thing just came to my mind, weightloss and healthy diet for a brighter and healthier physical and mental wellbeing.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

icfrugal1 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:55 am "refrigerator pockets"???

IC
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B087Q7S58C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These are only cardboard but they keep paper off my kitchen counter.