are you still wearing you mask???

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
frugalmom

Re: are you still wearing you mask???

Post by frugalmom »

Even though CA lifted the mask mandate on June 15-I was still watching how the numbers would climb afterwards and sure enough, not even a month afterwards, numbers starting to double. I heard 1000 cases per hour. Those in the health field know there are breakthrough cases-CDC stopped counting them unless they end up seriously in the hospitals or died.

I wear my masks indoors and outdoors as long as people are present given our risk factors and especially what happened to my dh last year! He is unlikely to cheat death another time! We were able to experience a bit of freedom as soon as the mask mandate was lifted then I thought better be prudent and just watch and see the trending numbers. And now like I will be the ONLY one with their mask on and they stare at me like I am an alien or an idiot. One time a family was snickering near us, until I told my son put your mask on, until they clear you from Covid bc you were exposed, you better wear your masks so you don't infect anyone! Well, then their demeanor changed and they stayed away from us and whenever we were coming their way they cleared the way-lol! And I was not joking-he was exposed and had to be tested yet again.

Anyway, I never cared about what others think, I do my own thing what I feel is right for us. Even my sister is mad at me right now. She went to five different states for a fencing tournament for her 8 and 10 year olds and also vacationed in Disney World, Washington DC to all the Smithsonian museums,aquariums,etc, Philadelphia,etc. She said she wore masks at all times but I saw pictures clearly they were not wearing the masks and I mentioned that and she got mad at me

You know these Ads IN THE MIDDLE OF THE PAGE are getting annoying and distracting and right in the middle of where you are typing so you cannot see what is being typed... and you cannot close it even. I do not know if it is even typing anything coherently bc I cannot see the words at all!!! SO FRUSTRATING! Anyway, I told my mom you are having surgery in a week, maybe not wise that my sister come to your bday or at least wear a mask bc she went to 5 different states and planes and can expose my mom. My mom wanted ME to tell her but I told her I think if you tell her it is better bc I do no t want to get involved and she will be mad at me-which she ended up mad at me anyway. She told us she will call in two weeks and we will see they were all fine. I said we can celebrate after the surgery but for now best to be safe for mom's sake. Even before Covid before surgery due to anesthesia the doctors were careful, now with Covid even more so! So it was nothing new-but she is really mad at me now.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

frugalmom wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:55 pm Even though CA lifted the mask mandate on June 15-I was still watching how the numbers would climb afterwards and sure enough, not even a month afterwards, numbers starting to double. I heard 1000 cases per hour. Those in the health field know there are breakthrough cases-CDC stopped counting them unless they end up seriously in the hospitals or died.

I wear my masks indoors and outdoors as long as people are present given our risk factors and especially what happened to my dh last year! He is unlikely to cheat death another time! We were able to experience a bit of freedom as soon as the mask mandate was lifted then I thought better be prudent and just watch and see the trending numbers. And now like I will be the ONLY one with their mask on and they stare at me like I am an alien or an idiot. One time a family was snickering near us, until I told my son put your mask on, until they clear you from Covid bc you were exposed, you better wear your masks so you don't infect anyone! Well, then their demeanor changed and they stayed away from us and whenever we were coming their way they cleared the way-lol! And I was not joking-he was exposed and had to be tested yet again.

Anyway, I never cared about what others think, I do my own thing what I feel is right for us. Even my sister is mad at me right now. She went to five different states for a fencing tournament for her 8 and 10 year olds and also vacationed in Disney World, Washington DC to all the Smithsonian museums,aquariums,etc, Philadelphia,etc. She said she wore masks at all times but I saw pictures clearly they were not wearing the masks and I mentioned that and she got mad at me

You know these Ads IN THE MIDDLE OF THE PAGE are getting annoying and distracting and right in the middle of where you are typing so you cannot see what is being typed... and you cannot close it even. I do not know if it is even typing anything coherently bc I cannot see the words at all!!! SO FRUSTRATING! Anyway, I told my mom you are having surgery in a week, maybe not wise that my sister come to your bday or at least wear a mask bc she went to 5 different states and planes and can expose my mom. My mom wanted ME to tell her but I told her I think if you tell her it is better bc I do no t want to get involved and she will be mad at me-which she ended up mad at me anyway. She told us she will call in two weeks and we will see they were all fine. I said we can celebrate after the surgery but for now best to be safe for mom's sake. Even before Covid before surgery due to anesthesia the doctors were careful, now with Covid even more so! So it was nothing new-but she is really mad at me now.
What ads in the middle of the page? I get them across the bottom, but just move the reply box up and it is clear sailing.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
ohjodi

Post by ohjodi »

I do still wear a mask when shopping, etc. I was vaccinated in April. Twice I did forget, and felt like a jerk, but the store was nearly empty, because I don't go during busy times. (This is a habit of mine from working retail.....I've always avoided stores and restaurants during busy times lol)

Being vaccinated doesn't mean it's impossible to get covid. I could get it, and spread it, even without symptoms, just like anyone else. The risk, so far, is low, but it's still a risk, and the odds are getting worse.

My county has a low vaccination rate, 35%. We're not that far from St Louis, Missouri, that state has been hit hard from DELTA, and I'm visualizing it hitching a ride up Interstate 55 to us, LOL A lot of Cardinals baseball fans, here, in Central Illinois, and six people in my extended family have already been to games down there.
ohjodi
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

I no longer wear a mask and have not felt the need though I ways have one with me.
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

I was in Kroger this morning and saw more people wearing masks than I have in a long time. It was about 25%. Our state has doubled cases in the last 2 weeks. I will make sure I am carrying my mask in case I feel uncomfortable and decide to put one on.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I have never taken my mask off when out of my apartment.

San Antonio is better vaccinated than the rest of the state. But with Leukemia I am not taking any chances.

I see too many people that I know are not vaccinated to not be careful. When I went to Walmart last week I saw entire families and small children not masked. I don't count the babies as they are too young to wear a mask. But school age children. I know they were elementary age. I tried to stay away from them.

Penny