are you still wearing you mask???

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
frugalmom

Re: are you still wearing you mask???

Post by frugalmom »

Jackielou wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:17 pm What ads in the middle of the page? I get them across the bottom, but just move the reply box up and it is clear sailing.
Thank you! I tried that but it does not always work for me and sometimes I inadvertently hit something that it goes into the full ad as I try to close it. Maybe it is my computer that gets stuck Idk? Or it could be me not being computer savvy? BUT I will keep that in mind when I face that problem again-thank you!
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

called a friend today, GGGGRRRR

He is 71, has been fighting cancer, chemo ect, just got out of 10 days in the hospital with Pneumonia, 2nd or 3rd time this year.

He and his wife don't wear a mask, yes, they have had their shots, but still.

DH and I have had our shots, but we do wear our masks when we go out.

Where they go to church, the church (small one) no one wears a mask. Good grief !!!

IC
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

My church is small.and we do not mask. Virtually all of us are a certain age and have vaccinated. My other church still masks. I.dont mask outside or among my social group at lunches and so in. I do mask in large stores or crowds. I believe that I am Safe and mainlyprotected including from variants. I am concerned that I could be a carrier especially for young kids.
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

I was fully vaccinated in April. I don't wear a mask when I'm walking around my co-op as there are very few people out and the few I have seen either had masks on or were also vaccinated. I also will walk to the other side of the road if I do see someone not wearing a mask. When going to wash my clothes I won't use it until I get up to the laundry room and then put it on and then take it off again once I'm outside.

I've not done much store hopping outside of grocery and drug stores; only a couple of trips to Dollar Tree and one to Walmart, but I wore a mask and will continue to wear my mask. I'm not about to be stupid and say, well I'm vaccinated, I don't need one. Tough darts. If people don't like seeing me wearing a mask they can look the other way. I'm going to play it safe rather than regret it later. I have long life genes in my family (9 being between the ages of 84 and 100) and I"m not about to risk the chance to live into my 90s or later.

This Delta variant is super dangerous and the fear is now that unless more people get vaccinated soon, the CDC has stated there fear is and are 100% certain of their prediction that it will soon mutate again to the point where all of us vaccinated people are at full risk again.

No I'm not stupid. There's too much at stake for me.
Last edited by LogicsHere on Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

I need to ask as it is bothering me a bit and many of you have mentioned this on the thread.

I have never masked outside, we have never had to according to our mask mandates up here. Many do especially in the big cities, if they knew they could not keep a physical distance of 6 feet. Even some of our larger cities did not have anything by a mandate that said masks must be worn in indoor spaces.

So that being said, why is it now that many of you in the United States say that you no longer mask outside? Was that mandated in your area? Or is it something you ever did?
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Jackie, might depend on the state. I don't remember being told to wear a mask outdoors unless we couldn't maintain social distancing. And that was before vaccines were available.

Since getting vaccinated, I've been comfortable eating outside at a restaurant or attending outdoor events where there's social distancing. (Though that may change.) In a store or a crowded area, I still mask up.

DH's employer, which takes Covid very seriously, just dropped it's mask mandate for fully vaxxed folks inside the workplace (it's not a crowded area, from what DH tells me.) Though who knows, that may change, too. And I wouldn't be surprised if his company began mandating vaccines.

We had our annual HOA last night at a neighbor's house. Half of us wore masks.