are you still wearing you mask???

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
jckitty

Re: are you still wearing you mask???

Post by jckitty »

I live in same state as Wolf...I have never heard of an outdoor mask mandate for us but like many others here I still mask up in stores and crowded areas.
I do get "looks" in some stores...mostly my local fruit/veg market. They are very vocal trumpers and are anti-vaxxers...They only required masks when mandate was in effect.
I find myself avoiding that store...their prices have been off the chart anyway.
JCKitty
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Before the vaccine, I wore my mask in a number of outdoor situations. Our county mask mandate was indoor only but I wore my mask to protect myself, others and as a courtesy.

* The few times I had lunch with friends at outdoor restaurants, I wore my mask to order at the window or with the waitress but took it off during lunch with friends.

* At Walmart pickup it said to keep your window closed. But in our heat, I had to open my window part way. I wore my mask to talk with the Walmart person before and after he put the groceries in the trunk - like when he asked about substitutions. He always wore a mask.

* At Wendy’s drive-through, I wore a mask to pick up and pay for my Frosty 🙂. They wore masks at the window, too.

* At the vet curbside, I always wore a mask to talk with the vet nurse with my window open. She wore a mask and still continues to wear a mask.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

My friend that works at one of the air force bases in the city said that they now have to wear a mask at work. Whether vaccinated or not.
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

The mask mandate in NY was for all to wear a mask when outside where there were a lot of people (such as parks, city streets where there were shops, public places, etc.) in addition to social distancing. If you lived with the person(s) you were with, you didn't need the social distancing, but the mask was still required. And although "air borne" they had said that it was spread from person to person through droplets that were in the air from people who were carrying the virus and the masks were supposed to protect others with the bonus that it would also be a protection for yourself. I stayed away from those kinds of areas so I didn't wear a mask although I carried one with me to put on if I found myself in one of those situations.

Back in May the social distancing and masks were dropped for those people who were fully vaccinated while the unvaccinated restrictions were left in place to the best of my knowledge when in a public place and indoors, with the exception that ALL, vaccinated and unvaccinated are required to mask on public transit, in health care and long-term care facilities, detention centers and homeless shelters. Businesses and venues may require proof of vaccination to meet mask or social distancing directives."

The last I read though, our Gov. is still considering the latest CDC regulations for everyone wearing masks again.
floridacatlover

I’m going to start wearing a disposable mask at the vet curbside. Today I asked the young vet nurse if, honestly, she thought that the vet nurses would prefer that I wear a mask. She said she didn’t care but some of the vet nurses have become more nervous as our Florida Covid cases have soared.

The vet sent out an email a week ago reinforcing that anyone who enters the office needed to wear a mask and they have two signs on their door.

The disposable masks are not as hot as the cloth masks and I know that one of the vet nurses switched for just that reason. It is blazing hot when I wait in the parking lot.

What I did pre-vaccination and will do now is put on my mask when I wait for the nurse to come out to pick up Pippi and I talk with her about how Pippi is doing. Then take off my mask when she is inside getting her treatment. Then put my mask back on when I see her coming out with Pippi and she tells me whatever.
floridacatlover

Publix just announced that all employees must wear masks as of Monday. Walmart announced the same thing earlier today for high Covid areas.

Also I just read that Walt Disney World is going to require most employees to be vaccinated.

Meanwhile, our darling governor issued an executive order today PREVENTING school districts from having mask mandates. Some Florida cities have started rebelling against DeSantis’ order that local governments can’t issue mask mandates. They are issuing mask mandates anyway. Right on.