are you still wearing you mask???

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ChristmasTrees

Re: are you still wearing you mask???

Post by ChristmasTrees »

floridacatlover wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:23 pm Publix just announced that all employees must wear masks as of Monday. Walmart announced the same thing earlier today for high Covid areas.

Also I just read that Walt Disney World is going to require most employees to be vaccinated.

Meanwhile, our darling governor issued an executive order today PREVENTING school districts from having mask mandates. Some Florida cities have started rebelling against DeSantis’ order that local governments can’t issue mask mandates. They are issuing mask mandates anyway. Right on.
I was just reading the news about DeSantis' executive order...What is wrong with him??????? Kids are getting really sick with the Delta variant

I am back to masking up wherever I go.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

Abbot has done the same thing.

In my opinion all the Delta variant deaths are his fault. He didn’t push vaccines, he refuses to mandate masks. Dropped his mask mandate effective the date I was considered fully vaccinated.

He wants to be president. He would be worse than Trump.

Penny
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

One of the big hospital systems in Tulsa, that operates in 9 states, has mandated vaccines for all employees (let the lawsuits begin, there will definitely be some). On top of that, masks are mandated in their facilities. It's awesome to me, I like intelligent mandates, but their attorneys are about to earn their keep.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

To tell you all the truth, this is something we will need to learn to live with. I think that a yearly, or perhaps biyearly booster of the vaccine will be needed as well. Just my virology courses peeking through here.

We may even have to wear a mask at some points once again.

What really gets my goat is those who say they will never wear a mask as it infringes on their rights or get vaccinated for the same reason. Yet many of those I know of this ilk have been vaccinated in order to travel and thought nothing of it, or wear flame retardant clothing, hard hats, and steel toed work boots in order to keep their jobs. Why is that not an infringement of their rights to work wearing anything they want? I may want to shop topless (no I would scare everyone out of the store) but the store says " no shirt, no shoes, no service". Do I feel my rights have been infringed on.... A big resounding "No".

Until all or at least 80% (perhaps a bit higher) are vaccinated we will be doing the masks, social distancing and other measures for awhile.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Like Florida before my vaccine I wore my mask outside at any time when I was not absutely sure I would be seven or so feet apart. On the walking path I would wear it down and raise it as needed but I can't tell you how many times people would nit distance while walking outside or they chased after their dig which was near me or whatever. It's important to note that being outside doesn't always mean recreating or being separated. I used the live in a place with one of those upscale outdoor shopping areas with walkways and restaurants and small stores and departments stores. Sharing a five foot sidewalk requires a mask. At least for me. This may be an urban village vs suburban vs rural thing. I dunno.
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

I'm literally shaking, I'm so upset. I just watched a video a friend of mine posted on FB of a preacher SCREAMING at his congregation that they will NOT wear masks in his church and "DO NOT GET VACCINATED." He also throws in only "crack-smoking, demon-possessed leftists" think Biden is the legitimate president. Dear God. I needed to vent this or my head was going to explode. This right here. This is why the Delta variant exists...because of IDIOTS like this man.

https://twitter.com/rightwingwatch/status/1421886805427867654?s=21&fbclid=IwAR3gYn_cOmAnsikEhJhpy1bo4XwDYf10EypeUnOC5PFA9vzCv3Um6LdNC50
Patty