Daily Check in July 21, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily Check in July 21, 2021

Post by alliesmama4 »

clemencia2us wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:04 pm well had to take my sister to the hospital again.

Not me - her kids. She had a doctor appointment and he did not like her status - so off to the hospital she had to go. Drain her of fluids. Really bad this time. I had never seen it like that

And she fell also.

Send good thoughts and prayers thank you!
Clem sorry to hear about your DS. Will keep her in my thoughts and prayers.. ((hug))
Janet Alliesmama
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Ok, update on my car. Since my issues were intermittent, I went out after I got off work and tried to start it. It won't start and the interior lights certainly seemed dimmer. So I called Dad. Who needs AAA when you can call Daddy. He will come over after dinner with his battery charger.

I came in a researched the brake pedal kicking back when starting my year, make and model and it says that is a sign of a low battery. So hopefully he'll get it charged enough so I can drive to the auto parts stare and have them install a new battery.

Owned, Praying for LeAnn. I will say a prayer for Clem's sister as well and Logics' sister and anyone else who needs something extra.

Maggie
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I spent a good chunk of the day leading tours, which I have come to enjoy because it gets me out of the office. Tomorrow I will do more of that.

It's not too hot today and it has not yet rained. We've had rain every day but one this month. It reminds me a lot of the early 1980s when we had a chilly and wet July, with clouds so thick and dark that 7 a.m. was black as midnight. That was an odd summer.
Mackie
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Update:

I am finally able to take a break...the grands come over for a visit...and brought 4 zucchini 2 really big ones and 2 the right size to fry up and eat.
I peeled and cleaned the largest, ran it thru my salad shooter and have zucchini bread going right now. It take 3 recipes to fill the pullman pans...so 3 recipes are baking now and I have the wet and dry ingredients ready for the second batch. Just have to add and mix and put it in the pans for baking.
Of course everyone has put in their order LOL. I love doing it and they love eating it so win-win.

Tomorrow I might make a zucchini choc chip cake...it's really good and I don't like cake.

I will also do floors tomorrow after the baking...I am sure it will be needed LOL

It would appear zucchini season has started...
Praying for all,
JCKitty
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

clemencia2us wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:04 pm well had to take my sister to the hospital again.

Not me - her kids. She had a doctor appointment and he did not like her status - so off to the hospital she had to go. Drain her of fluids. Really bad this time. I had never seen it like that

And she fell also.

Send good thoughts and prayers thank you!
Clem, I will pray for your sister. I’m glad that her doctor took action. (((Hugs)))
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

floridacatlover wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:11 pm Clem, I will pray for your sister. I’m glad that her doctor took action. (((Hugs)))
She wasn't able to be admitted to her usual hospital - packed. Who knows with what kind of patients - covid?

Now the hospital she is at now does have a delta covid floor! It also took a while for her to get admitted. Looks like the hospitals in San Antonio are getting full.