Daily Check in July 21, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in July 21, 2021

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

My car would not start this morning to go to the Y. Now I have to figure out what to do about it. Does not seem to be the battery. Bummer.

Work was Ok yesterday. My Manager said she missed me.

So i guess all meals will be from home since I don't have reliable transportation.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check in July 21, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I am up and not as achy today. I think it was the weather that was causing most of the pain. It was a dreary, windy day and even though it was hot and humid the temperature did not go up very high. We even got a touch of rain (which just made it more humid).

Today the temperature rises once again, and the sun is shining. I plan on getting all my errands done today since I will be out and about depositing a cheque, and getting my hair cut. May as well make this the second spend day of the week and even pay the last two bills of the month early. I don't need much in the way of groceries which is a good thing, but I do need to go to the dreaded Walmart to pick up a few items that are so much less expensive there.

Hubby has discovered that we need another pear tree in order to get any fruit. Now we are deciding where to put said tree. He wanted to dig up one of the cherry trees and I said no. Now I am thinking...what if we moved one of the cherry trees to the front yard. Eventually the rather large Manitoba Maple will die and we will need something to replace it. Mind you we will more than likely have moved by then.

Other frugal adventures around the old homestead will be picking some herbs and dehydrating them, weeding my small flower beds and pots, using up more of those strips of old t-shirts, and using what I have in the house for meals. One really great thing about stocking up is that other than dairy, and produce the rest of the items used to make meals have been in the house for a bit.

I had though making this t-shirt/knit fabric rug was going to be a snap. Nope I will be working on this for many months. In two days I have only gotten three gridded squares filled in and today will not be working on it very long if at all. Still it is a start and is looking not too bad. I have a feeling that I will need more strips eventually.

Supper tonight is going to be hot dogs, and salad. Supposed to be really warm once again, according to the forecast about 3 degrees warmer than yesterday and here it is barely 7 am and the A/C is running (we have it set fairly high as well).

Today I am grateful for my lovely Hubby. He bought me the pear tree I had always wanted and now is very willing to buy a second.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good morning all,

I got woken up at too early o'clock ....heard a piney squirrel going across my roof. I hate those things.
The nuts are dropping from the trees so I think they are taking a short cut across my roof to go from front to back yards. I don't know why the nuts are shedding so early but wonder if it is from all of the rain. Sometimes it is from the trees overproducing and they shed nuts to compensate.

I hope to do some weeding today or rather cutting them off with the weed eater. trying to keep the poison ivy at bay ... it creeps in from the woods.

I did get an email offer from insta cart for money off an order. I will probably order stuff on my stock up list.
Off to make myself get busy.
JCKitty
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

mbrudnic wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:06 am Good Morning,

My car would not start this morning to go to the Y. Now I have to figure out what to do about it. Does not seem to be the battery. Bummer.

So i guess all meals will be from home since I don't have reliable transportation.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Maggie, I hate car problems so good luck. Thankfully this did not happen on your trip!!

Just yesterday I pulled out the paperwork on my last battery replacement. I try to get it replaced before I get caught with a dead battery but last time I didn’t replace it in a timely way and did have my battery go dead but luckily I was home.
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

mbrudnic wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:06 am Good Morning,

Have a great day,
Maggie
Is it still under warranty? I'd be madder than a wet hen.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Bummer about your car, Maggie. :(

I am having a short coffee break. Just ordered fabric online from an upholstery discounter to recover the cushions in the Mission style armchair in our living room. I wanted a lighter color because the room is so dark and finally hit on a blue, cream and beige patterned chenille that is really pretty.

My brown bag lunch this week is less than spectacular. I can see why the Healthy Choice wraps were discounted: the ones combining spinach and mango are an acquired taste for sure. It does give me the idea to make wraps of my own, though.

Hope you all have a lovely day.
Mackie