Daily Check in July 22, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check in July 22, 2021

Post by MackerelCat »

It's very humid here too, Jackie. It has not rained today so far, though.

Lord have mercy, I am so tired. It was 3 a.m. before I fell asleep. DH is on call and his phone kept going off, plus I was hungry. Finally got out of bed at 2:30, ate some bran cereal and went to bed again.

Today I've been on my feet all day, giving tours and then inventorying and sorting t-shirts for distribution to the staff. That would not have been too hard except I had to chase people down and hold t-shirts up them to see what would fit. The style that was ordered runs very small, and we have an office full of ladies mad because they're now wearing shirts in huge sizes. So I am worn to a nub.

I plan to eat supper, take a shower and go to bed. My life is really boring these days! :-D
Mackie
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Just got back from my two errands. It is 39/102F on the heat index. WHEW! I could sure tell that today!

I had to go down to the Provincial Building to deliver my monthly, "Yah, I made no money again this month" form for the gadzillionth time in all these years. And people think it's easy to cheat the system? Nah, if THEY lose your statement? You don't get paid. Don't provide a statement? You don't get paid. Keeps people on the up and up but can be annoying at times, like when you have to go out to roast!! LOL

I also had to go put $20 of gas in the van. Man, that thing really drinks gas! I don't even go that many places and seem to have to fill it up every week or week and a half. I guess that's just the gig of having a vehicle. I stay home most of the time and have only been out yesterday and today. Can't see going anywhere tomorrow.

I'm not certain what supper will be tonight. Maybe just a cheese sandwich. At this point, I just want it to be easy. I have the dishwasher to unload after running it this morning. I'll do that after supper.

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Update:

Heard that pesky piney squirrel this afternoon so I walked out to view my repair work....I lost round one of this war to the squirrel. He chewed right thru the supposedly rodent proof foam spray, tore out the steel wool and there were shavings everywhere!

So I cut a piece of wood, and went back up the ladder with yet more foam spray and steel wool. I packed it full, again.. and the sprayed foam on the board and nailed it in place! I was so mad and hot that my hair got sweaty.

You can't see the repair unless you look for it . I swear I will win this war.

House chores are done, going to try to relax.
I wonder where LWolfT has been ? Haven't seen her in awhile.

JCKitty