Daily Check in July 22, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Prairie Waif2

Re: Daily Check in July 22, 2021

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

clemencia2us wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:03 am Good morning all

I thought it was later than what it is. Thought I had slept for hours, but no - was barely 8 when I finally got up. One pup kept being agitated.

Had some weird dreams again.

I'm having my coffee and contemplating my day. Mop of course. What else is new?

Check on the ill sibling. Hope she had a good night.

Other sibling will be driving down to see her also.

Hope all have a great day.
I hope your sister is doing better today, Clem. Sounds like she's had a difficult couple of days.

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I woke up about 6 am, I have the clean bottom sheet on my bed. The sheets are in the dryer, I set off the dishwasher after putting in my breakfast dishes.

Last night I found a more readable copy of the manual for my Singer 301 so I printed it. I want to just print again the oiling and lubrication instructions for the machine.

Penny
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good morning beautiful people,

I went for a walk while it was still cool and already have put in over 10 000 steps. I had a little chat with a neighbour friend also walking. It’s overcast and we were supposed to get some rain but once again it has evaded us. I shutter to think what our water bill will be. The garden has been given a thorough soak.

I have lots of fresh garden veggies given to me by a sweet neighbour friend. I will wash and prepare the kale for dinner tonight. It will just be sautéed with garlic. There’s also some bought baby greens which desperately need to be used up, so I’ll make myself a huge salad for lunch. I think I will eat It outside on the patio and watch the birds and perhaps some antics from the squirrels.

Dh is once again golfing and at least taking advantage of his membership. This gives me more uninterrupted reading time. When he’s home he likes to chat a lot. But I guess this is a good thing after 40 years of marriage!

Tomorrow I will be going on my long walk/jog with a neighbour friend. She motivates me to do the distance and it’s fun to chat at the same time.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Creative :!:
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Sibling seems to be doing better today. Already talking to people on the phone and texting.

They have given her meds to get the fluid out of her body. They said her left lung also had fluid.

Just had my oatmeal

Is it weird that I feel more energetic. Could it be just three days of eating oatmeal has helped?

I am already on my second bucket of mop water and still going strong. Yes I have to mop a lot. LOL
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,

Prayers for all...good to hear Clem's sister is better.

I slept in just a bit, I didn't get much sleep the night before because of that darned piney squirrel. I did find another place yesterday where he had been trying to chew into the box eve. I repaired it yesterday.
I also installed poison because I am over it.
I am not going to put up with chewing especially with a new expensive roof. Over it!!!!

Anyhoo, I have almost all my house chores done...I had quite a list...LOL :roll:
I still need to clean and sort the fridge, run the dishwasher and run the floor cleaner.
It is predicted to be really hot and humid this weekend, might go creek swimming so much depends on prego one. She goes tomorrow for an evaluation...they may induce ...she has been able to carry till danger is over for the most part but depending on blood pressure and hopefully baby weight gain they will make the decision ...

I want to patty up and package some ground pork and ground beef for quickie sandwiches or grilling.

Beef tips, mashed potatoes and salad for tonight...

Might update later...

JCKitty
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

My lord we are cooking here. The temperature is 31 C but because of the humidity from the two dams close to us the temperature feels more like 40.... Not going out for love nor money. Tonight though we will have to put a few things under wrap as a bad storm is being forecast. Make sure the downspouts are out, and I will have to go over to my friends and make sure hers are down as well.

Well back to work on the rug. May check in again a bit later.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/