Candy Dish? Yes or No?

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
HappyDaze

Candy Dish? Yes or No?

Post by HappyDaze »

Lately, I'm into some kind of old fashioned and pretty inexpensive "creature comforts" including stocking my grandmother's beautiful old glass candy dish with some sweet treats, individually wrapped, of course. My favorite are the Red Bird candy puffs - they come in peppermint and assorted fruit flavors. I will eat a couple of them a week. It's not so much the candy as the concept - bringing back the idea of the candy dish. Do you have one? What do you put in it?
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Jackielou

Re: Candy Dish? Yes or No?

Post by Jackielou »

Yes and I will put peppermints, jelly beans, butterscotch drops and sometimes individually wrapped chocolates.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
jgomez1002

Post by jgomez1002 »

Yes, I am looking at it now. This weeks selection includes Jolly Ranchers, Tootsie Rolls, Baby Ruth minis and Kit Kat minis

Regards,
JGomez
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

HappyDaze wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:44 pm Lately, I'm into some kind of old fashioned and pretty inexpensive "creature comforts" including stocking my grandmother's beautiful old glass candy dish with some sweet treats, individually wrapped, of course. My favorite are the Red Bird candy puffs - they come in peppermint and assorted fruit flavors. I will eat a couple of them a week. It's not so much the candy as the concept - bringing back the idea of the candy dish. Do you have one? What do you put in it?
I like the idea, but I would not be able to control myself. My Grandma had 3, one with Jujubees (jelly candies), one with Hershey's miniatures and one with Jelly beans. The Hershey's one was in the China cabinet and at some point during our visit, we'd all line up and Grandpa would shake the cadies into his hand so we could pick our 2 favorites. With my cousins, all 6 of us would line up.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I keep wrapped hard peppermints in a lovely Franciscan pottery bowl, but that's it. Anything tastier would disappear within a day at my house.
Mackie