Daily Check in July 23, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in July 23, 2021

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning frugal friends,

Happy Friday. Walked this morning. I am planning to go to another free concert this evening, I just need to choose which one. Otherwise not much out of the ordinary going on. It is Friday so I have my laundry sorted and the first load in the washer.

Everyone stay cool
Have a great day,
Maggie
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check in July 23, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I am up a bit later than usual because I finished off a book and have started the next one. I am getting low on reading material so will have to either make a trip to the library very soon or download some more reading material onto my ereader. Choices, choices, I did look at the second hand store at what they had and there was really nothing that interested me. May try the other shop today.

I need to get out for my walk shortly, as it will heat up rapidly again today. I do my walk, water the plants at my friends on my way home, then do whatever gardening type job that needs to be done here at home. If you guys remember I talked about picking rhubarb a few weeks ago. I didn't and now it is really necessary, so I will brave the mosquitoes and pick that today. The mint and the oregano, sage and parsley could be done today as well. I will pull out the dehydrator and get those done today. Only takes a couple of hours in the dehydrator. Always something to do at this time of year on the old homestead.

Inside I have the regular household tasks for Friday once the outdoor tasks are done. Then I can work on the rug again in the afternoon. I am hoping to get at least 3 more gridded squares completed so I can check on the width of the rug. I do believe that I will have a few months work before I complete it. Wonder if that will convince Hubby that a loom would be a wonderful thing? Doubt it, but I can try.

Supper tonight is going to be Tuna Pasta Salad. I will need to make the pasta and boil the eggs early today so both are nice and cold, before mixing. Probably served with some drop biscuits as I really do not feel like rolling and cutting.

Today I am grateful for quiet summer days, and good neighbours.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

Got up at 8am. Had my coffee, took the pups out for their morning constitutional. They of course are asleep again. How do they do that?

I've showered, dressed and put on some makeup.

Thinking about what to eat. Should have my usual oatmeal.

But later thinking of making grilled cheese sandwich - yum

We had lots of rain yesterday. Will check my tomatoes later. No watering needed!

Have a great day.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,

I am up and most house chores are done for the day...I confess to having absolutely no mo-jo :?

It is heating up quickly outside, and the air quality seems thick, lots of haze,

I am running low on reading material, but until I really need something else from town I am not going to the library.
I am one of those that will not be watching the Olympics...I just cannot get into it. I admire the athletes .

Wondering how FloridaCat and Pippi are doing?

JCKitty
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

Quiet day, I finished my phone bag. I did spend quite a bit of time fussy with my sewing machine.

Penny
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Saw my pulmonary Dr today. My new c-pap machine is doing a better job and things look good. However she suggested that I might want to take a break mid afternoon and stretch out and rest with the c-pap on to refresh my body. Right now fatigue seems to be my biggest complaint. She said you do not have to sleep just rest for 15 to 20 min. I told her I thought I could comply with that.

I asked her about her concerns about covid. She sees us heading in to another bad time if people refuse to get vaccinated. She said our Gov might have to shut down the state again if people do not get vaccinated. Asked her if she had seen anyone that had a breakthrough with covid despite being vaccinated Yes! She got covid! She had the moderna vaccination. She sees pulmonary patients all the time even wears masks but somehow she got it. She said her only symptom was like a really bad cold with a lot of nose drainage. She said others might be affected differently. She said, " you cannot be too careful and apparently I was not as careful as I thought." So ladies do not let your guard down.

I am off to take a break... Drs orders.. lol.
Janet Alliesmama