Daily Check in July 23, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ChristmasTrees

Re: Daily Check in July 23, 2021

Post by ChristmasTrees »

alliesmama4 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:37 pm Saw my pulmonary Dr today. My new c-pap machine is doing a better job and things look good. However she suggested that I might want to take a break mid afternoon and stretch out and rest with the c-pap on to refresh my body. Right now fatigue seems to be my biggest complaint. She said you do not have to sleep just rest for 15 to 20 min. I told her I thought I could comply with that.

I asked her about her concerns about covid. She sees us heading in to another bad time if people refuse to get vaccinated. She said our Gov might have to shut down the state again if people do not get vaccinated. Asked her if she had seen anyone that had a breakthrough with covid despite being vaccinated Yes! She got covid! She had the moderna vaccination. She sees pulmonary patients all the time even wears masks but somehow she got it. She said her only symptom was like a really bad cold with a lot of nose drainage. She said others might be affected differently. She said, " you cannot be too careful and apparently I was not as careful as I thought." So ladies do not let your guard down.

I am off to take a break... Drs orders.. lol.
Janet...Thanks for the heads up about breakthrough covid. I think we will all be masking up again at some point.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

On the news tonight in St. Louis, Mo they announced that starting Monday everyone has to start to wear masks indoors whether they are vaccinated or not. Missouri is one of the three top hot spots for covid right now. I live across the river from St. Louis. My Dr said our area might start to show an increase too since so many people who live here work in St. Louis. I have continued to wear a mask even when they said vaccinated people could go without masks.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Our sky is so gray and hazy from the fires out west. Cannot imagine what it looks like when you go further west. Right now they said there is no increased pollution danger due to the distance however we might have some in the future.

I went to bed for my 15 to 20 min rest and slept for an hour and a half! I hope I can sleep tonight.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

I need to make a correction about masks in Missouri. It is just St. Louis City and St. Louis County that will be requiring masks starting Monday. The stupid thing is a councilman is already challenging this. What is wrong with people?
Janet Alliesmama