Daily Check in July 24. 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Grannysewstoys

Re: Daily Check in July 24. 2021

Post by Grannysewstoys »

by icfrugal1 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:07 pm

itspennyc wrote: ↑Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:27 am
My shopping helper wasn’t feeling well, so I placed a delivery order. It will be here between 11:30 and 12:30.

I did find my missing screw driver, it was in a drawer, not the drawer it belonged in but the drawer of my bedside table. It is now where it belongs. This screw driver has sentimental value. My late husband took my sewing machine screw driver because he couldn’t find that size than misplaced it. I made him buy me a Craftsmen screw driver to replace it. He kept insisting I didn’t need that quality. I said if you do so do I.

I moved my arm wrong during the night and my left shoulder is bothering me this morning.

This morning I hope to sort my fabric and put the assorted fat quarters in one place. I have a lot of them.

I want to see about re arranging the bedroom. I have to measure and see if it will fit. I would be getting rid of one bedside table.

Time will tell.

Penny
Penny,

I so love this !!!

Did he ever mess with your stuff again?

:::This screw driver has sentimental value. My late husband took my sewing machine screw driver because he couldn’t find that size than misplaced it. I made him buy me a Craftsmen screw driver to replace it. He kept insisting I didn’t need that quality. I said if you do so do I.

IC
Of course he did. He did learn that if you misplace you replace.

Penny
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

The wind has kept things fairly cool today and Hubby is BBQing our supper. I think I might have gone a bit overboard in regards to the steaks... I have a feeling we will be eating the remainders warmed up tomorrow or the next day. These are at least an inch and a half thick. Way to much for our small stomachs along with the sides.

I only did two of the gridded squares today as I talked to my brother as I do every Saturday. It is harder and harder to talk to him as he seems to be sinking more and more into himself and his psychosis seems to becoming a bit more prevalent. He is once again imagining people in the house, and can't seem to focus.

Hubby and I walked through the Farmer's Market today. I think I might go earlier and pick up a few items next week. There was a booth selling grass fed beef, but the prices seemed a bit high to me and I want to do some research before I purchase any.

Eldest DS tried his hand at some simple plumbing today and seems to have done pretty well. At least nothing is leaking so far according to him and he managed to save a bit on costs. There is another plumbing problem that is going to take the skills of a plumber however. Hopefully he gets that done soon as well.

Both the boys phoned their Dad for his birthday. That made Hubby's day. He loves talking to his boys.

Off to finish setting the table.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

itspennyc wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:43 pm I sewed a skirt by hand the summer between 7th and 8th grade. I saw instructions in one of my mom’s magazines from the supermarket. I rode my bike to the shopping center, bought the fabric, scissors, thread, pins, and needles I would need.

I impressed my great grand aunts with my tiny stitches. No one in my family sewed. I was later given a sewing machine and sewing lessons.

Until a few years ago, I made most of my clothes.

Now I mostly do fun sewing.

Penny

Penny that is amazing. I took sewing in grade school and high school only because my Mom told me to.. lol.. However I was never able to sew as well as you did or as well. I am happy you are able to still enjoy your sewing and crafting as much as you do. Wish we could see some of your work.
Janet Alliesmama