Daily Check in July 24. 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check in July 24. 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Off to get coffee, back soon.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check in July 24. 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Woke up to cooler temperatures which is a welcome relief. I am not sure how long this will last however and plan on taking full advantage of it while it lasts. Lovely walks in the morning, working in the gardens (since I am looking after my friends as well), and perhaps even sitting on the deck in the evening or enjoying the fire pit.

Today is Hubby's 71 birthday. I did offer to brave the trip to an established eatery here in town, but he says he would rather BBQ here at home. I had hoped he would say exactly that so prepared accordingly when I went shopping a few weeks ago and steak just happened to be on sale.

Not much happening here, except for my computer seemingly picking up a mind of its own right now. My cursor seems to be doing very weird things which I will need to fix very soon or have the stupid thing drive me crazy.

I did not get the rhubarb picked yesterday, but I did manage to dehydrate sage, mint, and oregano. I think today I will be picking the rhubarb this morning, and dehydrating basil and parsley. My thyme is still pretty small and should grow a bit before I start giving it a haircut.

The veggie garden is very slow, others have started picking beans already, ours are just beginning to appear and there really aren't that many of them. The kale and lettuce seem to be growing well and the rhubarb got immense this year. Tomatoes are forming on one plant but are slow to have fruiting on the others. The eggplant that DS started for us is almost the size of small bushes, and are just beginning to flower. I think I could be having a very late harvest this year.

I also plan on getting at least three more of the squares done on the rug. I only have today and tomorrow to work on it so I am hoping to get as much done as possible, before I put it away for a week or two and move on to something else for a bit.

I may make a pie instead of cake for Hubby. He loves the blueberry pie that I make and I do have some shells in the freezer.

So as you can all see a regular boring day around the old homestead.

Today I am grateful for the dip in the temperature, gives me a bit more energy.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning Jackie and everyone. Happy birthday Harvey.

I have been up since 5:50 AM. It was quite nice out early this morning but now the temp will be ramping up to the (90's F) ( 32.22 C ) with a heat index of (105 F ) (40.55 C). It is summer in the Midwest so cannot expect anything else.. Bummer.. come on Fall!!

I watered some plants this morning and later on when I get my energy going plan to work outside on the lower level patio area snipping weeds and I want to clean off the patio and hose it down. I had to order a new hose and it came but that was during the rain we were having so did not see the need. I will work in the afternoon in back of the house which is close to the woods and shady. Then when the sun is going down will work in the front. I only do 10 min at a time but I do get a lot done in that period of time. Now that the ground has dried out I plan on driving some things down the hill to the basement and bring some things up. During the heat of the day I am going to putter and cook inside. I am excited. The things I am taking to the basement will finally make my craft room more accessible and I am looking forward to doing some sewing and crafting. I had put things in the craft room that were stored in my spare bedroom. I could not take them to the basement before due to all of the rain.

Have a good and frugal day everyone.
Janet Alliesmama
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Happy Birthday Harvey!!!
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

Slept well last night. Got up feeling not too bad. Is it the oatmeal :shock:

I don't feel like I am dragging. Wake up with energy and ready to get the day going - well not going enough to go mow the lawn or anything crazy like that

The sun is out and it will again be a very warm day.

One cup of coffee is down. Pups have gone out. One is still out there. He is the lone ranger. The one that the COD showed up with last year. He is a really good pup.

Will work on clearing the fridge. Thinking of making burgers for dinner.

Have a great day.
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,
I ended up not going anywhere last night. I was tired and dozed on the couch.

So slept in a bit, then a visit to the grocery store. I thought I had 3 event to attend today, but thankfully I got the middle one wrong. It is Oct 24th. But I have a bridal shower luncheon starting in about 1/2 an hour for my cousin. It is at her sister's who is 5 minutes down the street from me. Then at 4PM is going away party for a member of my support group. He is moving to S. Carolina where his daughter lives.

I am taking cheese a crackers, so I sliced cheese and put together a bit of a Charcuterie board. So I can just grab and go.

Have a great day,
Maggie