Daily Check In July 26, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In July 26, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Starting us off, but need coffee. Back in a minute or three.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
alliesmama4

Re: Daily Check In July 26, 2021

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning everyone. I think making coffee sounds like a good idea. Wiil be doing the same in a few minutes.

Nothing much going on here. I plan on doing a little bit of outside work in the yard before it gets too hot. Then putter in the house.

Poor Teddi is under the couch right now. Late last night some idiot thought it would be a good idea to set off some of their leftover fireworks. They were off in the distance but enough to stress Teddi. I feel sorry for the neighbors of this idiot. I am sure the last thing I want to hear at 10:00 PM on a Sunday night is some idiot setting off noisy fireworks.

Have a good day and frugal day everyone.
Janet Alliesmama
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

I felt better yesterday than in a long time. Sleep does wonders. Last night I slept OK but not as good.

In a few minutes I’ll go to mom’s house and try to get the grass cut before it gets too hot. It is already 81 F. here.

Yesterday I updated my financial notebook. I had been all caught up on my shredding but now have more. Not too bad. I have yet another plastic file box of my own paperwork to go through in the next few days. I’m thinking most can be discarded except my car repair receipts.

My cousin texted me a picture of the puzzle I sent him. It took him only three days. I think he really enjoyed it which made me feel so good.

I need to put in a few more of my morning drops in before I can head to mom’s house.

Have a good day.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I had a very rough night, my back was aching something fierce, and it was probably from bending over so much picking raspberries. I have told my friend, that if she needs more picked I would be glad to do so...but I wonder how my back will take it. Might just have to take Hubby with me next time and cut the picking time. Anyhow, I finally took some Tylenol at about 1 am and then managed to sleep on the couch with some heat at some point after that. Not a good situation for what is usually the busiest day of my week as far as tasks are concerned. I am still getting a few twinges every so often and will try not to push too far. I may be doing the work 10 minutes and rest a bit routine today. Oh well I shall see what I can manage to get through and what is not completed will be added to tomorrow's list.

I am hoping that I can get to the raspberry jam at some point today, but if I don't I will definitely get it done tomorrow afternoon. I used to make lots of jam in the evenings, but that was when I didn't have a dishwasher plugged in and hogging almost the entire kitchen floor space. Tonight would be perfect but I am not too sure I would be awake enough to do anything of that nature.

I am now hoping another friend will call me or put word out on Facebook that her cherries are ready. I would love to get some of those as well this year. Keeping my fingers crossed for that to happen.

Funny thing, I saw a post on a friends Facebook giving a list of the release of the variants ..... Delta wasn't supposed to be released until August of this year and the Lambda variant not until sometime in 2022. Hmmm, considering that Lambda is already in Peru pretty sure this is just more Q stuff coming out. But as you all know there is a sucker born every minute and they will believe this.

Frugal happenings today will be the usual Monday routine. I will be walking for exercise, watering my friends plants and small garden for yet more exercise, doing laundry but trying to hang most if not all on the lines, dusting with a reusable microfiber cloth, using up leftover bits and bobs for my lunch (though I think today could be the final use of the tuna pasta salad), and pulling some leftover beef or pork out of the fridge freezer and making that for our supper.

As far as projects go I hope to be working on my cross stitch once again. I will work on it for this week and then again a couple of times next month along with a few other projects. I am thinking the rug, sandwiching a quilt and of course my knitting of scarves for my Secret Santa routine in December. I have a feeling that I might come up short this time round.

Off to get the laundry started and dressed for my daily constitutional. I will more than likely update later today when I have figured out supper and got a few chores completed.

Today I am grateful that we got a few days of cooler day/night temperatures. Today we are back under a heat warning.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good morning all,

I have been up and outside for a bit, doing weeding a small amount at a time. I did some last night after the heat dropped. My largest flowerbed is a mess ....lots of what we call chick weed. It is a spreader and with all the rain we have had is just rampant. The mosquitoes chased me inside after about 15 minutes of weeding.
My blackberries are ripening, there aren't very many this year and I am seeing grapes but the Japanese beetles are eating the leaves already...

I have house chores to do and some dusting.

JCKitty
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

Rough night. Maybe I should not have napped in the early evening, but it felt so good.

It was almost two in the morning and one pup was very agitated. Finally I realized she had to go outside to take care of business - duh. She is not a user of the wee wee pads. But by that time at night they had already been out around ten so would be good. So this was unusual. She went out and seemed so relieved - :mrgreen: .

Such a good pup. I picked her up off the road about 6 years ago - she was instantly housebroken. Never had an accident in the house. After that she went to sleep, but me - nope. Just tossing and turning and thinking about all sorts of things that can go wrong! I need to get over that. So I just got up - put the pups out, made some coffee and turned on my TV and desktop. Will take a shower, get dressed and try to have a great day!

Hope all do too.