Daily Check In July 26, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check In July 26, 2021

Post by clemencia2us »

jckitty wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:15 am Clem,
as much as I dislike winter extreme cold and dreariness.... this weather is starting to run a very close second.
I have been out trying to weed and run the weed eater...OMG the humidity and heat are just awful. I am taking a break and then will try to do some more. I am about to the point where I feel like giving up.

JCKitty
wonder if it has to do with getting older? I used to pride myself on being able to be out there in the heat. I would acclimate myself starting in April. Now no way.
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

Ugh. It's already 90° with feels like temp of 104°. Unfortunately, I have to get out later.

I haven't checked in in awhile, but my life feels like it's basically the same everyday so I don't have much to add to any conversations. I did come to a big decision last week...actually several big decisions. I decided to start physical therapy and counseling. And I decided to just get my stim unit programmed with the optimal pain relief setting and the best numbness relief setting (which really only provides maybe 10-15% relief). I'm tired of chasing some elusive outcome that may or may not even exist. I need to just deal with reality. And if I need to use a walker, I use a walker. [sigh]

The PT is to try to get me to the point where I can walk confidently on pavement and go up/down steps. Also to increase my strength and stamina. We have a beach vacation coming up in September and, while I know I won't be able to walk on the sand, I would like to be able to go to the pool everyday. The counseling is to help me accept what is and maybe find some mind/body strategies to help me move forward from here. I've basically just been wallowing in self pity since last September and I just need to get out of this hole. So wish me luck lol.

I have PT later this afternoon. I need to do a couple other errands but I don't know if I'm up to doing them today. They can wait for another day if need be.
Patty
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good luck Patty!
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Howdy ...
Sorry to have been MIA for a while. Just dealing with various stuff.

As Kitty says, it's been beastly hot and humid here. Picked green beans and watered this morning before it got unbearable. Maybe tomorrow I'll try some weeding.

Hobbling about with some lower back issues. Woke up one morning in early June thinking someone had rammed a hot poker into my hip. Bursitis ... after a couple of days of pain, I ended up at the ortho hospital's urgent care center for a cortisone shot. Helped a lot, but there's still something going on, so back for the follow-up next week.

Otherwise, we've had workmen in (and more to come) to take care of various maintenance and repairs. And I'm trying to get various projects finished (as my back allows).

Patty, (((hugs))) to you. Chronic pain is just so difficult to live with.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Patty, that sounds like a very sensible course of action. (((Hugs))) I hope you rebuild physical strength and emotional equilibrium to have a really nice vacation, hon.

LWolfT, I hope you feel better soon and things are going well for your DH.
Mackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

LWolfT wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:06 pm Howdy ...
Sorry to have been MIA for a while. Just dealing with various stuff.

As Kitty says, it's been beastly hot and humid here. Picked green beans and watered this morning before it got unbearable. Maybe tomorrow I'll try some weeding.

Hobbling about with some lower back issues. Woke up one morning in early June thinking someone had rammed a hot poker into my hip. Bursitis ... after a couple of days of pain, I ended up at the ortho hospital's urgent care center for a cortisone shot. Helped a lot, but there's still something going on, so back for the follow-up next week.

Otherwise, we've had workmen in (and more to come) to take care of various maintenance and repairs. And I'm trying to get various projects finished (as my back allows).

Patty, (((hugs))) to you. Chronic pain is just so difficult to live with.
Nice to see you back. Hope your back gets better soon.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/