Daily Check In July 26, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check In July 26, 2021

Post by clemencia2us »

Beverley wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:10 pm Good afternoon,

After dealing with fatigue over the weekend I have been much better today. I am trying to figure out the cause and how to treat it. I am focusing on my diet. Today I am counting the spoons I have had availabe to use today and trying to use them wisely. I have a few left to use this afternoon. I hate living this way. I have things I need to do and want to do but when the fatigue strikes I am practically immobile. All I can do is take it day by day. My robo-vacs help tremendously. Today I have been able to do laundry and dishes which piled up. Also changed the sheets and made the bed. Mopped one of the bathrooms. I really hope I can do as well tomorrow because I need to work on my state taxes.

We have some cloud cover today so not quite as hot. However triple digits Thursday and Friday, the days I am scheduled to work. I hope I can handle it.

DS's friend brought his dog over today so we have had a doggy playday. They love it!

Take care everyone.

Bev
Have you had your heart checked? That was one of my sisters main complaints - no energy. Take care.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

clemencia2us wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:13 pm well we had a young person in our county pass away - 25 years old. I was informed that it was from COVID!

A town - our county seat - had to close access to its city offices. Too many employees testing positive. Ugh - here we go again. :shock:
Clem there is a rise in cases in the province my eldest son lives in. Seems that they held the Stampede anyway this year. Supposedly people who attended were to show proof of vaccination. Well, lots of forged documents appeared, the grandstand and grounds were packed. It has been over for a week now and the probably first cases are arriving in their hospitals. Makes me wonder if we should go to Jasper at all in the early part of September.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Update:

So I think I may have been channeling Euell Gibbons today....I have this book about pioneers and old time cooking.
I have read this recipe for shagbark hickory syrup many times and have tried birch bark syrup ...it was good.
I have shagbark hickory trees all over my property.....so I made some !
It tastes like Fall...the woodsy almost smoky taste of Fall campfire ...wish I could explain it. I didn't make a bunch, about a quart. I am going to try some in a frappachino tomorrow. might even try some in some scotch. Supposedly can be used on pancakes, french toast and such. I looked it up online and people say to use it with ice and carbonated water.

JCKitty
Still very hot outside...ugh
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

jckitty wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:50 pm Update:

So I think I may have been channeling Euell Gibbons today....I have this book about pioneers and old time cooking.
I have read this recipe for shagbark hickory syrup many times and have tried birch bark syrup ...it was good.
I have shagbark hickory trees all over my property.....so I made some !
It tastes like Fall...the woodsy almost smoky taste of Fall campfire ...wish I could explain it. I didn't make a bunch, about a quart. I am going to try some in a frappachino tomorrow. might even try some in some scotch. Supposedly can be used on pancakes, french toast and such. I looked it up online and people say to use it with ice and carbonated water.

JCKitty
Still very hot outside...ugh
Kitty that sounds interesting and fun. Enjoy!
Janet Alliesmama