Daily Check In July 27, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In July 27, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Starting us off on what is going to be our hottest day so far this summer. I will be back after getting coffee.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In July 27, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Well as I said this is going to be our hottest day so far this summer. Temperatures are going to reach 38 C or 100 F with a humidex making in feel much warmer...I believe up to 44 C or 111.4 F. Not going to be pleasant at all. I will be getting out very early for my walk (probably not a long one) and garden chores today.

We also have our eye appointments on the other side of town, but they are mid morning so things shouldn't be too bad when we go and when we come back. Our hottest part of the day seems to fall around 4 pm.

So it looks like I will be puttering around the house most of the day. I need to make the raspberry jam, as well as a few household tasks. I actually got everything done yesterday so I have nothing carried over for today.

Sweeping floors, cleaning my desk top, ironing, mending, take precedence today. Jam making with free fruit will be fun, and I will more than likely be working on my cross stitch while watching a series on Prime (one that I really don't enjoy, but being me need to finish even so).

I can not believe that the summer is half over. School will be starting here the end of August (or perhaps the first week in September) and supposedly those students and teachers will be back to no masks and no social distancing. Scary... as the Delta variant (or the one we used to call B.1......) is picking up speed even in the summer.

Supper tonight will be something made with the leftover chicken. I will probably make a casserole so we have some leftovers for tomorrow. As I will have the stove on making my air conditioner run a bit harder, having the oven on also will not make it run any harder.

Today I am grateful that morning temperatures still let me get out and walk a bit.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

Already up and about and dressed. Have our first library meeting today. Been almost a year and a hlaf.

The pack has been out.

Looks overcast. Sure the sun will be out later. Ugh - another warm day

Have a good one!
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

My appointment to fill out forms so that I can sign my new lease was postponed this morning. As the complex is getting yet another new manager. I got a call just as I was getting ready to leave. I hadn’t left yet. Next week I have 2 appointments.

I spent at least half an hour trying to find the link to click on a pattern I wanted to download it. I couldn’t find it.

I cut off the frayed edge of a pillow slip. Now I need to sew it so it does’t continue to fray. I am thinking of seeing if the piece of eyelet I have is long enough. If not I might just turn it under and then embroider over it. Time will tell.

Not much else going on today.

Penny
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good morning ...
We're expecting another hot one today with temps hitting 90. Maybe some rain on Thursday. Went out to do a bit of weeding — my neighbor brought me a cucumber from her garden. My cukes didn't survive this year, so I'm happy to have one!

Got some sad news. A friend (also former coworker) died unexpectedly over the weekend. Great guy who lived life to the fullest. Had a ton of interests, was close to his kids ...

As for today ... have some paperwork to deal with; household chores; make some slaw; and I need to figure out meals past tomorrow. I may or may not go look for a new pair of walking shoes. Mine are starting to show some wear (gee, wonder why, since I wear them most every day ...).
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Hello all
Landline out so having to use my cell phone repairman to be here tomorrow. I feel lost without my computer., going to putter around the house and try to fill my time without my laptop. Oh well
JCKitty